- 1 Is there a bus from Waikiki to Diamond Head?
- 2 Does the Waikiki Trolley go to Diamond Head?
- 3 How much is a taxi from Waikiki to Diamond Head?
- 4 How much does it cost to ride the Waikiki Trolley?
- 5 Does it cost to hike Diamond Head?
- 6 How do I get from Waikiki to Diamond Head?
- 7 Is Diamond Head a hard hike?
- 8 Is there a free trolley in Waikiki?
- 9 Can you hike Diamond Head in flip flops?
- 10 How long of a hike is Diamond Head?
- 11 What is the best time to hike Diamond Head?
- 12 How do you get around on Oahu?
- 13 What can you do for free in Waikiki?
- 14 What can you do in Waikiki without a car?
- 15 Is there a shuttle from Honolulu Airport to Waikiki?
Is there a bus from Waikiki to Diamond Head?
For public transit, you can take the bus from the corner of Kuhio and Paoakalani Avenues, two blocks east from Aston Waikiki Beach toward Diamond Head. Get off at the Diamond Head State Monument bus stop. See your route option here. As of 2018, bus fare is $2.75 – check current rates here.
Does the Waikiki Trolley go to Diamond Head?
There are 2 stops at Diamond Head on the Waikiki trolley green line. One stop is at the overlook, and the other Diamond Head stop is further inside the crater.
How much is a taxi from Waikiki to Diamond Head?
Per Honolulu, HI rates $24.94 incl. Approximate Breakdown.
|Estimated Taxi Fare||$24.94|
How much does it cost to ride the Waikiki Trolley?
How much does it cost to ride the Waikiki Trolley? The cost to ride the Waikiki Trolley ranges from $2 for a one-way fare to $15 up to $75 depending on which lines you wish to ride and the number of days you wish to ride. Only the PINK and YELLOW line is available for the $2 one-way fare (cash only).
Does it cost to hike Diamond Head?
How much does it cost to hike Diamond Head? Entry to the visitor parking lot is $5 per car and pedestrians can enter for just $1 per person. If this is your first visit to Diamond Head, the self-guided audio tour is worth the $4 investment.
How do I get from Waikiki to Diamond Head?
How to get to Diamond Head from Waikiki by car. By car, it’s only about a 10-15 minute drive from Waikiki. The easiest way to get to Diamond Head is to get on Monsarrat Avenue (the one-way street between the Honolulu Zoo and Kapiolani Park).
Is Diamond Head a hard hike?
The hike isn’t necessarily difficult, but most of the trail is windy, rocky, uneven and narrow – which you’d expect climbing to the top of a crater. If you’re able-bodied and have about 2 hours for the round-trip hike, I strongly recommend visiting the top of Diamond Head.
Is there a free trolley in Waikiki?
Take a free ride on the Waikiki trolley it is a worth a ride. The driver also acts as a great source of information for first timers to Hawaii.
Can you hike Diamond Head in flip flops?
Do people wear flip flops when they hike Diamond Head? As one of Oahu’s most popular hikes, you will see all kinds of people on the trail wearing all kinds of different hiking outfits. And yes, this includes people who wear flip flops.
How long of a hike is Diamond Head?
Diamond Head Summit Trail
|Trail Length||1.6 miles (round trip)|
|Terrain||Hot, Dry, Slopes|
What is the best time to hike Diamond Head?
One of the best times to climb Diamond Head is for sunrise, when temperatures are still relatively cool and the sun shines from behind your back on the crescent of Waikiki Beach far below. For good reason, that’s also one of the busiest times of day—the trails fill up with coach tourists.
How do you get around on Oahu?
Getting Around Oahu When You Don’t Know What You’re Doing
- DO: Rent a Car.
- DO: Use Shuttles from Your Resort.
- DO: Take “TheBus” – Honolulu Bus System.
- MAYBE: Hop on the Waikiki Trolley.
- DON’T: Hail a Taxi.
- DO: Leverage Arranged Transportation.
- DO: Use an Uber or Lyft.
- DO: Walk.
What can you do for free in Waikiki?
Free Things to Do in Waikiki
- Aloha Friday at Hyatt Regency Waikiki.
- History Tours at the Moana Surfrider and Royal Hawaiian.
- Kuhio Beach Torchlighting and Hula.
- Royal Hawaiian Band.
- Royal Hawaiian Center Classes and Entertainment.
- Sunset on the Beach.
- Waikiki Historic Trail.
- Wildlife and Fireworks at Hilton Hawaiian Village.
What can you do in Waikiki without a car?
You can go to Pearl Harbor, Diamond Head, Hanauma Bay, Kailua Beach (walk from there to Lanikai Beach), Manoa Falls/Lyon Arboretum, Chinatown/Aloha Tower/Historic Honolulu by bus. Go to National Cemetery of the Pacific by car. Taking the bus will add 2 1/2 hours. Plus with a car you can do Tantalus Drive.
Is there a shuttle from Honolulu Airport to Waikiki?
Since Waikiki is such a bustling destination, there are a handful of shuttle services from the airport that goes directly to Waikiki, including individualized hotel drop-off services. Visitors can choose from several reputable companies: Go Waikiki Shuttle and Tour offers round-trip rides for $18 a person.