- 1 What are the duties of a bus monitor?
- 2 How many hours a day does a bus monitor work?
- 3 How much money does a bus monitor make?
- 4 How do you monitor a school bus?
- 5 What are the duties of a bus aide?
- 6 How do you spell bus monitor?
- 7 Is bus monitor a good job?
- 8 Do bus monitors get paid in the summer?
- 9 How much do bus matrons make in NYC?
- 10 How much do bus monitors make a week?
- 11 How do you become a bus matron?
What are the duties of a bus monitor?
Essential work duties of a Bus Monitor are collaborating with the bus driver, monitoring the behavior of children, taking disciplinary action when needed, assisting children with disabilities, and making sure all passengers are properly restrained while riding the bus.
How many hours a day does a bus monitor work?
Be ready to help on any run asked to do. However it does only give you about 20 to 25 hours. So this is a good job for someone with kiddos, or someone needing a job with a big break. They have a ride along program so it definatly helps if you have kids.
How much money does a bus monitor make?
School Bus Monitors in America make an average salary of $23,954 per year or $12 per hour. The top 10 percent makes over $31,000 per year, while the bottom 10 percent under $17,000 per year.
How do you monitor a school bus?
To become a bus monitor, you must pass a background check. Many employers require school bus monitors to receive basic first-aid training. Additional qualifications include experience working with children and being comfortable working on a moving vehicle.
What are the duties of a bus aide?
Essential Duties and Responsibilities of a Bus Aide
- Greets passengers as they board and disembark.
- Announces stops and route changes.
- Facilitates seating arrangements.
- Collects passenger fares, boarding passes and transfers, and tears or punches tickets.
- Counts and verifies seat reservations.
How do you spell bus monitor?
A bus monitor, bus attendant or bus assistant is someone who assumes responsibility for the safety of children on a school bus.
Is bus monitor a good job?
This is a great job for retirees and parents who need a flexible schedule. Pay could be better but relationships are spot on. Management is good but could be better.
Do bus monitors get paid in the summer?
If drivers can find summer work, its hourly part-time positions with very low wages. Bus drivers are not paid during school holidays or for teachers’ days. That leaves drivers who care about their jobs and students at or near the poverty level — and struggling to pay rent and get by in the summer months.
How much do bus matrons make in NYC?
While ZipRecruiter is seeing salaries as high as $54,295 and as low as $12,066, the majority of School Bus Attendant salaries currently range between $23,582 (25th percentile) to $35,099 (75th percentile) with top earners (90th percentile) making $44,971 annually in New York City.
How much do bus monitors make a week?
School Bus Monitor Salary
|Annual Salary||Weekly Pay|
How do you become a bus matron?
You can become a school bus aide by earning a high school diploma or GED certificate. Complete a bus attendant training program. School district employers require each school bus aide gain proficiency in transportation service procedures, student management, and emergency exit drills.