- 1 How can I get cheap Greyhound tickets?
- 2 Is it cheaper to buy Greyhound tickets in person?
- 3 What discounts does Greyhound offer?
- 4 Does Greyhound give free rides?
- 5 Is Megabus nicer than Greyhound?
- 6 Can you ride Greyhound without ID?
- 7 How old can you be to ride Greyhound alone?
- 8 Does Greyhound have WIFI?
- 9 What forms of ID does Greyhound accept?
- 10 How can I save money on greyhound?
- 11 Do Greyhound buses have restrooms?
- 12 Does greyhound do student discounts?
- 13 Is Megabus really $1?
- 14 How do you get a free ride on Greyhound?
- 15 Do Greyhounds stop for food?
How can I get cheap Greyhound tickets?
Finding Cheap Greyhound Tickets
- Book your bus trip online. Booking online with Greyhound will net you a special web only fare.
- Purchase your tickets ahead of time.
- Travel with friends or family.
- Book a student fare.
- Take advantage of senior fares.
Is it cheaper to buy Greyhound tickets in person?
Buying your ticket at a Greyhound station You can buy a ticket for travel the same day, or take advantage of lower prices by buying your ticket in advance (although it still won’t be as low as buying in advance online).
What discounts does Greyhound offer?
Today’s Greyhound Top Offers: 10% Off Travel For Students + More. Up to 30% Off Traveling.
Does Greyhound give free rides?
Every year, around 400 kids and teenagers who have run away get a free ride home with Greyhound, anywhere in the U.S. It’s part of our Home Free program, and here’s how it works If you or someone you know has run away and wants to come home or you need some help, call toll- free 1-800-RUNAWAY (1-800-786-2929).
Is Megabus nicer than Greyhound?
What I found: Both rides were comfortable, relatively on time, seemed safe, and were mostly clean (except for the bathrooms – you’ll want to avoid these if at all possible). Megabus offered a slightly better price and a younger clientele. Greyhound had better places to wait and more convenient travel times.
Can you ride Greyhound without ID?
Do I need an ID to board my bus? Yes, Greyhound requires you to present an ID to an agent to board the bus. Make sure you have identification issued by a government agency that meets the carrier’s requirements.
How old can you be to ride Greyhound alone?
Children under the age of 12 can ‘t travel on Greyhound unless accompanied by someone 17 years of age or older. Expand to find out more. Children under the age of 2 who occupy a seat will pay full fare.
Does Greyhound have WIFI?
Wi-Fi is free on all Greyhound buses, and for all passengers.
What forms of ID does Greyhound accept?
To buy a ticket, one must be at least 16 years old, and valid forms of ID include a driver’s license, passport, student ID card or military ID.
How can I save money on greyhound?
2. Save money.
- Book early and book online.
- Only pack one bag.
- Check the Deals and Discounts link on Greyhound’s website.
- Students and veterans save 20 percent on fares, so make sure you bring an ID.
- Check ShopAtHome.com for Greyhound coupons, such as $49 one-way rates or get 10 percent off standard fares.
Do Greyhound buses have restrooms?
Yes, there are bathrooms on all Greyhound buses. They are located at the rear of the bus. They are pretty basic and only contain a toilet and hopefully some toilet paper.
Does greyhound do student discounts?
Students can get 10% off Greyhound travel and 15% off shipping with the Student Advantage Discount Card(opens in a new tab).
Is Megabus really $1?
There are only a few $1 seats on each Megabus route. Therefore, you’ll want to book your seat months in advance in order to score the lowest fare. If you see a low fare, jump on it. The average fare on Megabus is around $20 but I hope you avoid paying even that much with these tips.
How do you get a free ride on Greyhound?
Parents and legal guardians will receive a free ticket if the young person is under the age of 15. To reach the hotline, call 1-800-RUNAWAY (1-800-786-2929).
Do Greyhounds stop for food?
The Greyhound bus typically stops every 2 to 4 hours for a food break. The bus will usually stop at a convenience store, a fast food restaurant, or a combination of both. Passengers are allowed to get off the bus and purchase food which they can either eat off the bus or bring back on the bus to eat later.