- 1 What are the different types of buses?
- 2 What is the bus of the computer?
- 3 What are different types of bus interfaces?
- 4 What is control bus?
- 5 What are the 3 types of buses?
- 6 What are the 3 types of buses in power system?
- 7 What is bus speed?
- 8 What is computer port and its types?
- 9 What is RAM mean in computer terms?
- 10 What is the full form of bus?
- 11 What does bus mean?
- 12 What are the big buses called?
- 13 What is bus request?
- 14 What is a address bus?
- 15 How does computer bus work?
What are the different types of buses?
Types of buses
- Coach / Motor coach.
- School bus.
- Shuttle bus.
- Double-decker bus.
- Single-decker bus.
- Low-floor bus.
What is the bus of the computer?
Introduction To Computer Bus The Computer Bus is a communication link used in a computer system to send the data, addresses, control signals and the power to various components in a computer system. The computer buses are used to connect the various hardware components that are part of the computer system.
What are different types of bus interfaces?
What are the different types of computer buses?
- ISA – Industry Standard Architecture.
- EISA – Extended Industry Standard Architecture.
- MCA – Micro Channel Architecture.
- VESA – Video Electronics Standards Association.
- PCI – Peripheral Component Interconnect.
- PCI Express (PCI-X)
What is control bus?
A control bus is a computer bus that is used by the CPU to communicate with devices that are contained within the computer. One of the main objectives of a bus is to minimize the lines that are needed for communication. An individual bus permits communication between devices using one data channel.
What are the 3 types of buses?
Three types of bus are used.
- Address bus – carries memory addresses from the processor to other components such as primary storage and input/output devices.
- Data bus – carries the data between the processor and other components.
- Control bus – carries control signals from the processor to other components.
What are the 3 types of buses in power system?
Three major types of nodes or buses are identified in the power network.
- Load Bus, or P-Q Bus.
- Generator Bus, or P-V Bus.
- System Slack, or Swing Bus.
- Therefore, the swing bus voltage magnitude is specified and its voltage phase angle is usually chosen as the system reference and set equal to zero.
- Ahmed Faizan, M.Sc.
What is bus speed?
Bus speed usually refers to the speed of the front side bus (FSB), which connects the CPU to the northbridge. FSB speeds can range from 66 MHz to over 800 MHz. Since the CPU reaches the memory controller though the northbridge, FSB speed can dramatically affect a computer’s performance.
What is computer port and its types?
A Computer Port is an interface or a point of connection between the computer and its peripheral devices. In Computers, communication ports can be divided into two types based on the type or protocol used for communication. They are Serial Ports and Parallel Ports.
What is RAM mean in computer terms?
RAM stands for Random Access Memory. The data stored in RAM can be accessed almost instantly regardless of where in memory it is stored, so it’s very fast — milliseconds fast. RAM has a very fast path to the computer’s CPU, or central processing unit, the brain of the computer that does most of the work.
What is the full form of bus?
In computer architecture, a bus (shortened form of the Latin omnibus, and historically also called data highway) is a communication system that transfers data between components inside a computer, or between computers.
What does bus mean?
1: to travel by a large motor vehicle designed to carry passengers usually along a fixed route according to a schedule: to travel by bus. 2: to work as a busboy. transitive verb.
What are the big buses called?
An articulated bus, also referred to as a bendy bus, tandem bus, vestibule bus, stretch bus, or an accordion bus, (either a motor bus or trolleybus) is an articulated vehicle used in public transportation.
What is bus request?
Bus request (BR, BREQ, or BRQ). Indicates a device is requesting the use of the (data) bus. Bus grant (BG or BGRT). Indicates the CPU has granted access to the bus. A device with lower priority is requesting access to the CPU.
What is a address bus?
Address bus The address bus is uni-directional. It is concerned with passing an address one way, from the CPU to RAM. The sole purpose of an address bus is to identify the address of the location in cache or main memory that is to be read from or written to.
How does computer bus work?
How Does Computer Bus Work? A bus transfers electrical signals from one place to another. An actual bus appears as an endless amount of etched copper circuits on the motherboard’s surface. The bus is connected to the CPU through the Bus Interface Unit.