- 1 How do I buy a bus ticket in the Netherlands?
- 2 How much does OV-Chipkaart cost?
- 3 How much is a bus ticket in Netherlands?
- 4 How much is a travel card in Amsterdam?
- 5 Is public transport in the Netherlands free?
- 6 How do you travel by bus in Netherlands?
- 7 How do I get a OV card?
- 8 How do I get my money back from OV-Chipkaart?
- 9 How do you get around Amsterdam cheap?
- 10 How do you pay for buses in Amsterdam?
- 11 Where can I buy bus tickets in Amsterdam?
- 12 What is the best way to get around in Amsterdam?
- 13 What should I avoid in Amsterdam?
- 14 What is the best travel card for Amsterdam?
How do I buy a bus ticket in the Netherlands?
You can usually buy a ticket on board from the driver (aka a single-use, disposable OV-chipkaart; €2 to €5 for modest distances), but most people pay with a credit-loaded OV-chipkaart. There is only one class of travel. Some regions have day passes good for all the buses; ask a driver – they are usually very helpful.
How much does OV-Chipkaart cost?
You will need an OV chipcard to use public transport. The anonymous OV – chipkaart costs 7.50 euros and remains valid for five years. When traveling by train, make sure you have at least 20 euros worth of credit on your anonymous OV – chipkaart.
How much is a bus ticket in Netherlands?
Day tickets / Hourly tickets
|GVB 1 hour||€ 3.20|
|Bus Tram Metro (BTM) 1.5 hours (valid for GVB, Connexxion, and EBS)||€ 6.50|
|GVB 1 day / 24 hours||€ 8.00|
|GVB child ticket 1 day / 24 hours||€ 4.00|
How much is a travel card in Amsterdam?
Three versions of the Amsterdam Travel Ticket are available: 1, 2 or 3-day. The price for the 1-day ticket is 17 euros, the 2-day ticket costs 22,50 euros and the 3-day ticket is 28 euros.
Is public transport in the Netherlands free?
If you are studying at a Dutch university or university for applied science, you are entitled to a student OV-chipkaart (chip card used to pay for public transport ). This card offers you free or reduced travels by public transport.
How do you travel by bus in Netherlands?
All means of public transport in Holland require a so-called OV-chipkaart, a smart card that is valid on the bus, tram, metro and train. Since there is no specific OV-chipkaart for tourists, we recommend using an ‘anonymous’ OV-chipkaart.
How do I get a OV card?
You can purchase an anonymous OV – chipkaart at:
- sales devices at a station;
- operators’ counters;
- newsagents and supermarkets;
- at OVshop, the Chipbizz webshop.
How do I get my money back from OV-Chipkaart?
If you have an anonymous OV – chipkaart, you can request a refund of your credit using a form. Please go to an operator’s counter for this. Enter the details requested on the form. The employee will check your ID.
How do you get around Amsterdam cheap?
The cheapest way to travel around Amsterdam is walking but if you need to get somewhere fast, the use of an OV chip card is the answer. Being used on trams, buses and metros, the OV chip card (OV-chipkaart) is the easiest way to pay for all your travel about town.
How do you pay for buses in Amsterdam?
Bus routes and tickets Payment by debit or credit card is possible, as well as your public transport chip card. The Amsterdam & Region Travel Ticket is also excellent value if you plan to explore the region.
Where can I buy bus tickets in Amsterdam?
The most convenient option for visitors is a disposable one-hour card or day card (valid for one to seven days). One-hour tickets can be bought from the conductor or driver on the tram or bus. Day tickets can be bought on the tram or purchased in advance. Day cards can not be bought from the driver on the bus.
What is the best way to get around in Amsterdam?
Amsterdam boasts an impressive public transport network including metros, buses, trams, ferries and trains to help you get around the capital. Save money on travel with the I amsterdam City Card, which offers unlimited use of the GVB public transport system for 24, 48 or 72 hours.
What should I avoid in Amsterdam?
Things Tourists Should Never Do in Amsterdam
- Don’t expect wild parties during weekdays.
- Don’t get on public transport without an OV-Chip card.
- Don’t take cash or credit cards for granted.
- Don’t hire a bike if you can’t ride one.
- Don’t walk in cycle paths.
- Don’t buy a bike from an unofficial source.
- Don’t buy drugs from street dealers.
What is the best travel card for Amsterdam?
If you are planning to visit a lot of different locations in this city, the I Amsterdam City Card may be the best option for you. Included with this card is access to over 44 museums and attractions.