- 1 Does Greyhound actually check ID?
- 2 How can I get on a Greyhound bus without ID?
- 3 What age can a child travel on a bus alone?
- 4 How do you board a Greyhound bus?
- 5 Does Greyhound stop for food?
- 6 Can a 17 year old ride Greyhound alone?
- 7 How can I travel without an ID?
- 8 Can I give my Greyhound ticket to someone else?
- 9 What ID do you need for greyhound?
- 10 Can a 10 year old walk home from school?
- 11 Can a 7 year old walk to school alone?
- 12 What age is it OK for a child to walk home from school by themselves?
- 13 Can you talk on the phone on Greyhound?
- 14 Does Greyhound check carry-on bags?
- 15 Why is Greyhound bus so bad?
Does Greyhound actually check ID?
Do I need an ID to board my bus? Yes, Greyhound requires you to present an ID to an agent to board the bus. Make sure you have identification issued by a government agency that meets the carrier’s requirements.
How can I get on a Greyhound bus without ID?
I spoke with Greyhound Customer service on June 21, 2019. A person without an official ID has one option, which is to pre-pay a ticket online. It has an $18.00 fee on top of the ticket price and is only available in the United States, but it may be your only option.
What age can a child travel on a bus alone?
Children aged five to 10 They can travel unaccompanied and without a photocard on trams and buses. Find out more about 5-10 Zip Oyster photocard on the Transport for London website.
How do you board a Greyhound bus?
10 Tips for Your First Greyhound Bus Trip
- Arrive at Least an Hour Before Departure.
- Get in Your Boarding Line as Soon as Possible.
- Make Sure Your Checked Bags Stand Out.
- Sit Near the Front of the Bus.
- Don’t Trust the Bathroom on the Bus.
- Keep Your Carry-On Bag With You.
- Follow the Bus Driver’s Rules During Breaks.
- Don’t Lose Your Ticket or Re- Boarding Pass.
Does Greyhound stop for food?
We don’t sell food or drink on our buses, so it’s a good idea to stock up on food and drinks before boarding (not alcoholic drinks though, they’re not allowed). But if you forget, the bus does stop frequently (check your itinerary to see how often), and some stops will have places to buy food.
Can a 17 year old ride Greyhound alone?
Travelers ages 17 and up Travelers 17 years of age and older pay the full fare and are allowed to travel unaccompanied with no restrictions.
How can I travel without an ID?
You may still fly on US domestic flights, provided that you go through additional identity and security screening at the TSA security checkpoint. So the bottom line is yes, you can fly domestically without a driver’s license, or other government-issued photo ID if either was lost or stolen.
Can I give my Greyhound ticket to someone else?
On the day you travel, just head to the departure gate with your ticket. Print at Home tickets are non-transferable, so you can ‘t give them to someone else.
What ID do you need for greyhound?
To ride to locations far and wide across the U.S., you ‘ll need photo ID for a ticket on Greyhound. The bus service offers ticket purchases online, over the phone, at the terminal or through a Greyhound agency.
Can a 10 year old walk home from school?
Almost every 11- year – old walked to school alone in the seventies, but now only 55 per cent do so. There is no law prohibiting your child from being out on their own on the streets at any age, but parents no longer feel it is safe.
Can a 7 year old walk to school alone?
The Safe Routes to School Program recommends children under the age of 10 not to cross a street alone. In general, the consensus seems to be that 5- year – olds are too young, 6- and 7 – year – olds should walk in a group and that by age 10 most kids are ready.
What age is it OK for a child to walk home from school by themselves?
That said, most councils and local authorities recommend 8-years-old as a good time to start the process of learning to walk to school alone. Some councils employ statutory walking distance, which entitles children to free transportation if they’re outside the suitable walking distance.
Can you talk on the phone on Greyhound?
“ Do not allow your cell phones to ring throughout this bus please as they do and they will disturb Greyhound’s PAYING customers. We are not going to sit up here for four-and-a-half hours listening to cell phones ringing throughout this bus,” he is heard saying in the video.
Does Greyhound check carry-on bags?
Greyhound allows you to bring one carry-on bag and up to two checked bags with each adult ticket purchase. Your carry -on and checked bag will be included in the price of the ticket.
Why is Greyhound bus so bad?
Because they’re dirt cheap since a destination that would take 3 hours from a to b in a car takes 5 or 6 hours due to detours and layovers. The plain fact is that more poor people take the bus because it is cheap.