- 1 Where can I buy a bus pass Chicago?
- 2 Can you buy Ventra cards at Walgreens?
- 3 How do you buy bus tickets in Chicago?
- 4 How much is a bus pass in Chicago?
- 5 Can you pay with debit card on bus?
- 6 Can I pay with card on bus?
- 7 Can I load my Ventra card at CVS?
- 8 Does Walmart sell Ventra cards?
- 9 Can you pay cash on Chicago bus?
- 10 How do I get around cheap in Chicago?
- 11 Can you buy a train ticket with cash?
- 12 How do I pay for the L in Chicago?
- 13 What is a pace premium 30-day pass?
- 14 How do you take the bus in Chicago?
- 15 How do bus cards work?
Where can I buy a bus pass Chicago?
You can buy new Ventra Cards and disposable Single-Ride or 1-Day Ventra Tickets from every Ventra Vending Machine. VVMs are also located at these five sites:
- Chicago Union Station (Metra, Amtrak)
- Ogilvie Transportation Center (Metra)
- Millennium Station (Metra, South Shore Line)
- Navy Pier.
- Museum of Science & Industry.
Can you buy Ventra cards at Walgreens?
Walgreens will begin offering Ventra cards at 159 locations shortly after the September launch. Ventra signs will appear in store windows as the new cards are available, Customers can also visit ventrachicago.com for an updated list of Ventra retail locations.
How do you buy bus tickets in Chicago?
You can buy new VentraTM Cards and disposable Single-Ride or 1-Day Tickets from every vending machine and retailers around the region. You can load transit value (for regular fares ) using cash, credit/debit cards at VentraTM. retailers; and using credit/debit cards with the Ventra App, online and by phone.
How much is a bus pass in Chicago?
|BASE/REGULAR FARES (as deducted from transit value in a Ventra account)||Full||Student|
|Transfer(up to 2 additional rides within 2 hrs)||.25||.15|
|PASSES (load onto Ventra account)||Full|
|1-Day CTA Pass||$10|
Can you pay with debit card on bus?
Look for the contactless symbol on your credit or debit card to see if your card is contactless enabled. Then, board a bus with the contactless symbol and instead of paying with cash, simply tap your card or contactless-enabled device onto the reader and wait for the beep.
Can I pay with card on bus?
Contactless is a simple and secure way to pay for bus travel without needing cash. Look for the contactless symbol on your credit, debit or pre-paid cards. Most new cards are issued with this feature, however, if you’re not sure whether your card is contactless enabled please check with your bank or card issuer.
Can I load my Ventra card at CVS?
The CTA said today it expects the Ventra card to be available at more than 700 retailers by Monday, including CVS drug store outlets, Jewel/Osco grocery and drug stores and hundreds of currency exchanges and neighborhood retailers. The cards also will be available by phone and at CTA rail stations.
Does Walmart sell Ventra cards?
Ventra Card Fee – Walmart.com – Walmart.com.
Can you pay cash on Chicago bus?
On the bus, you can pay for a one -way fare in cash. Buses accept $1 bills and most coins (no half-dollars). Transfer is not available when paying in cash on the bus. If you need to transfer, use a Ventra Card or Ticket.
How do I get around cheap in Chicago?
A cheaper alternative is to use a ride-hailing service like Uber or Lyft.
- Yellow Cab Chicago.
- Flash Cab.
- Chicago Carriage Cab.
- Checker Taxi Chicago.
Can you buy a train ticket with cash?
You can buy tickets and Oyster cards online and from places across London. Many Tube and DLR stations don’t accept cash and only accept card payments at ticket machines to top up or buy tickets.
How do I pay for the L in Chicago?
When you enter a train station, you can pay your fare at the turnstile or gate: simply touch your Ventra Card, Ventra Ticket or contactless bankcard to the reader on the top of every turnstile. Every station has Ventra Vending Machines if you need to buy or load fare.
What is a pace premium 30-day pass?
Pace Premium 30 – Day Pass Unlimited rides for 30 consecutive days on all premium, regular, and local Pace routes.
How do you take the bus in Chicago?
How-to: Riding the bus
- Find your bus stop and wait near the sign. Bus stops are usually located one or two blocks apart.
- Check the destination sign as the bus approaches (or read the one on the side when it stops).
How do bus cards work?
You simply hold your card up to a reader, your fare is paid, and you can go on your way. It is faster, easier and more convenient. Contactless smart transport cards, together with the fare payment network behind them, deliver very high levels of security for you.