- 1 How do you buy bus tickets in Chicago?
- 2 How do I take the CTA bus in Chicago?
- 3 What is Ventra Card Chicago?
- 4 What is a CTA U-pass?
- 5 Can I pay cash on CTA bus?
- 6 How much is the bus fare in Chicago?
- 7 Can you pay CTA with phone?
- 8 Does the bus stop at every stop?
- 9 How do you stop a bus?
- 10 Can I withdraw money from my Ventra card?
- 11 Do Ventra cards expire?
- 12 Is a Ventra card a credit card?
- 13 How do CTA passes work?
- 14 Do college students get reduced fare on CTA?
- 15 How do you get free rides on CTA?
How do you buy bus tickets in Chicago?
Ventra Vending Machines (Cash, coins and cards accepted)
- Chicago Union Station (Metra, Amtrak)
- Ogilvie Transportation Center (Metra)
- Millennium Station (Metra, South Shore Line)
- Navy Pier.
- Museum of Science & Industry.
How do I take the CTA bus in Chicago?
How-to: Riding the bus
- Find your bus stop and wait near the sign. Bus stops are usually located one or two blocks apart.
- Check the destination sign as the bus approaches (or read the one on the side when it stops).
What is Ventra Card Chicago?
Ventra Cards are what you use to board CTA and Pace. Your online account will let you see and manage your fare balances online and in the Ventra app. Your new card will be sent within 7-10 business days.
What is a CTA U-pass?
Your U – Pass provides you unlimited rides on the CTA during your enrollment as a full-time student in a participating institution. (The unlimited riding your U – Pass provides is on CTA buses and trains, only. To use your U – Pass to ride Pace buses, load transit value or passes valid for your trip on Pace.)
Can I pay cash on CTA bus?
On the bus, you can pay for a one-way fare in cash. Buses accept $1 bills and most coins (no half-dollars). Transfer is not available when paying in cash on the bus. If you need to transfer, use a Ventra Card or Ticket.
How much is the bus fare in Chicago?
|BASE/REGULAR FARES (as deducted from transit value in a Ventra account)||Full||Reduced|
|‘L’ train fare||$2.50 *||$1.25|
|Transfer(up to 2 additional rides within 2 hrs)||.25||.15|
|PASSES (load onto Ventra account)||Full||Reduced|
Can you pay CTA with phone?
The CTA, Metra, and Pace have announced a new app that will allow riders to pay for fares on all three systems using their mobile devices. The app, which will be available on iOS and Android devices, will allow riders to use their phone to pay for rides on all three transit systems using debit or credit cards.
Does the bus stop at every stop?
The bus will only stop at designated bus stop locations. If you request a stop, the bus driver will stop at the next official stop. No, you do not have to travel with an adult on a bus if you are under 18. Most buses will let you travel alone even if you are a child.
How do you stop a bus?
To get off the bus, signal the driver one block before your stop by pulling the cord or pressing the yellow strip. This will ring a bell and light the “ stop requested” signal for the driver. Once getting off, do not cross in front of the bus.
Can I withdraw money from my Ventra card?
Refunds can be issued for either the money in the transit account, any unused unlimited rides passes or a combination of the two with a maximum value of $300. Riders who want to seek a refund have to either call Ventra customer service at 1-877-669-8368 or stop by the Ventra customer service center, 165 N.
Do Ventra cards expire?
All current silver Ventra Cards have an expiration date printed on the front. Cards will function as normal until the end of the month printed on the front of the Card. Once a Card expires, it can no longer be used for transit and a new Card must be purchased.
Is a Ventra card a credit card?
Ventra Card: a transit + optional Debit MasterCard® that can be used for transit and everyday purchases. Ventra Tickets: single-ride and One-day passes. Personal, contactless, bank-issued credit and debit cards can be used for transit.
How do CTA passes work?
Your pass activates the first time you use it and is good for the full length of time from that moment. Passes are loaded onto your Ventra Card or personal, contactless bankcard at Ventra Vending Machines or over the counter at hundreds of Ventra retailers around town.
Do college students get reduced fare on CTA?
Fare info for students * Student fare hours: CTA Student Reduced Fare is available for full-time students ages 7–20, for trips to and from regular day classes (at a public, parochial or private elementary or high school), Monday thru Friday, 5:30a-8:30p, on school days, with a Student Ventra Card.
How do you get free rides on CTA?
Free ride program details
- Active U.S. military personnel in full uniform and presenting their United States Armed Forces ID may ride free on CTA buses and trains.
- Active U.S. military personnel and qualifying disabled veterans with a Military Service Pass may ride free on CTA buses and trains.