- 1 Why are used school buses so cheap?
- 2 How many miles can a school bus last?
- 3 Where can I buy a Skoolie bus?
- 4 What is the best bus to convert?
- 5 How much is an old school bus worth?
- 6 How far can a school bus go on a full tank of gas?
- 7 How many miles is too many for a school bus?
- 8 What is considered high mileage on a school bus?
- 9 How do you buy an old school bus?
- 10 How many seats are on a Bluebird school bus?
- 11 How much does a school bus weigh?
- 12 How much does it cost to flip a bus into a home?
- 13 Who makes the best school bus?
- 14 Are school buses good on gas?
Why are used school buses so cheap?
Prices of Used Buses One reason why used buses are so cheap is that they may not meet government regulations (discussed below) and thus cannot be purchased by government agencies. Another reason why they are so cheap is that many of them are just purchased for parts.
How many miles can a school bus last?
These standards determine the maximum age and mileage for which a bus should be used. Smith said buses are expected to last about 12-15 years and 250,000 miles under normal conditions.
Where can I buy a Skoolie bus?
The best places to buy a used school bus for sale include classifieds, such as Skoolie Livin Classifieds, government auction sites, Facebook Marketplace, Craigslist, and eBay Motors.
What is the best bus to convert?
The best school bus for conversion is a short bus like our Thomas MinoTour Ford E-450 which offers more maneuverability, easier driving and parking, and better gas mileage than it’s larger counterparts.
How much is an old school bus worth?
A used bus, depending on the condition and specifications, can run anywhere from $3,000 to $7,000, while a new bus will hit in the $50,000 range or higher.
How far can a school bus go on a full tank of gas?
On average, a clean-diesel school bus can travel about 510 miles on a tank of diesel vs. only 270 miles on gasoline, based on the same standard-sized fuel tanks.
How many miles is too many for a school bus?
If you see anything with less than 60,000, from personal experience I’d say buy it. Since most companies want good use of the bus, they often wait to retire it til it reaches a certain mileage, like after 60,000 or 100,000. Finding buses with LOW mileage is uncommon, but don’t be discouraged.
What is considered high mileage on a school bus?
Highest on a school bus would be over 300,000. The way our district rotaion goes, we sell our buses after 10 to 12 years, so they rarely accumulate more than 200,000 miles. On the other hand, I have seen coaches with well over 800,000 miles on them.
How do you buy an old school bus?
Where to buy a school bus
- 1.govdeals.com. This is where we bought our second bus.
- Craigslist.com. This is where we bought our first bus.
- publicsurplus.com. Public Surplus is an auction site.
- eBay.com. This is another great place to search with the option of local pickup.
- The Facebook Marketplace.
How many seats are on a Bluebird school bus?
This might be the answer that many customers have been waiting for! The Blue Bird Vision Conventional can now seat 83 PASSENGERS. This is an excellent option for customers who are looking for more capacity than the standard 71 or 77 passengers, but who also still want the ability to choose a Gasoline or Propane Engine.
How much does a school bus weigh?
You can expect an average school bus weight to be about 24,387 pounds (11,062 kg).
How much does it cost to flip a bus into a home?
How Much Does a Bus Conversion Cost? The cost to DIY a skoolie, with all the home comforts such as a working kitchen and bathroom, can cost $10,000 to $30,000. However, repurposing building materials and lots of sweat equity can significantly reduce the conversion amount.
Who makes the best school bus?
Top 10 School Bus Companies
- Wayne Corporation. Topping our list of companies is Wayne Corporation.
- Blue Bird. An all time giant, the Blue Bird Corporation (formerly called Blue Bird Body Company) is clearly one of the top school bus manufacturing companies even today.
- Gillig Corporation.
- Ward body Works.
- IC Buses.
- Thomas Built Buses.
Are school buses good on gas?
Buses are the safest way to get children to school, but they’re also fuel hogs that get only 4 to 6 miles per gallon.