- 1 How much is Metro bus fare in Houston?
- 2 Where can I buy a Metro day pass in Houston?
- 3 How do you pay for Metro Rail in Houston?
- 4 How do I buy a bus pass in Houston?
- 5 Does Houston Metro bus take cash?
- 6 How do you get around Houston without a car?
- 7 Does Houston Metro go to airport?
- 8 How much does a 7 day MetroCard cost?
- 9 Where can I buy a Houston Metro bus pass?
- 10 How many people use Metro in Houston?
- 11 Is Houston Metro Rail safe?
- 12 Does Houston have public transport?
- 13 How do you pay for the bus in Houston?
- 14 How do I get a Metrocard in Houston?
- 15 Is Houston Metro Rail running today?
How much is Metro bus fare in Houston?
Local bus and light-rail fares are just $1.25 each way. We also have discounted fares for students, seniors and veterans.
Where can I buy a Metro day pass in Houston?
A: METRO Day Passes can be purchased at the METRO RideStore located at 1900 Main Street, participating retailers, and the METRO website. Find a list of retailers at RideMETRO.org, or by calling 713.635. 4000.
How do you pay for Metro Rail in Houston?
METRORail Ticket Rail tickets can be purchased using cash or a credit or debit card at any METRO Ticket Vending Machine (TVM). A one-way ticket costs just $1.25. METRO fare card users may also buy tickets for other riders, by using the value on their card.
How do I buy a bus pass in Houston?
METRO fare cards are available for purchase at: Select vending machines on METRORail platforms. METRO RideStore: 1900 Main St., Houston, Texas 77002 (Mon. -Fri.
Does Houston Metro bus take cash?
Metro’s base fare is $1.75. On Metro bus, you can pay cash each time you board ( bus operators don’t carry change, so you’ll need exact fare) or buy and add up to $20 to a reusable TAP card.
How do you get around Houston without a car?
To get somewhere quickly, you can almost always take a cab from one of Houston’s taxi companies or hail a ride from a rideshare such as Uber or Lyft. If you’re going anywhere near the METRORail lines during the work week, however, it’s often quicker to travel by train. Houston has three light rail lines.
Does Houston Metro go to airport?
Getting to the Airport Take METRO to go to the airport, and leave your worries about traffic and parking at home. METRO has two direct buses that will take you to either Houston Hobby or George Bush Intercontinental Airport.
How much does a 7 day MetroCard cost?
You can choose a 7 – day unlimited card or a 30- day unlimited. There is a $1 fee when you purchase a card. * Do not throw away your card when it expires, or you will have to pay $1 again for a new card. An unlimited 7 – Day MetroCard costs $33.
Where can I buy a Houston Metro bus pass?
How to Buy a Pass
- From any Metro Customer Center or from one of 400 sales locations throughout LA. Also, view a map of sales outlets.
- Online at taptogo.net. New cards take approximately one month to arrive in the mail.
- On-board buses (Day Passes only).
- From TAP vending machines (TVMs) at Metro Rail stations.
How many people use Metro in Houston?
METRORail is the 22.7-mile (36.5 km) light rail system in Houston, Texas (United States). As of 2015, the METRORail has an average weekday ridership of 56,600 and total annual ridership of 18.335 million. METRORail.
|Transit type||Light rail/Tram|
|Number of lines||3 (2 planned)|
|Number of stations||39|
Is Houston Metro Rail safe?
As long as you know what you’re doing and pay careful attention to those around you, you are sure to avoid any danger. The way I see it, both the Metro and METRORail systems are safe and efficient ways for UH students, or anyone really, to get around Houston.
Does Houston have public transport?
METRO is Houston’s public transportation system. Light Rail: The Metro Light Rail spans 7 miles from Downtown to Reliant Stadium. The rail passes through midtown, Hermann Park, Museum District, Rice University, Medical Center and Reliant Park. It’s$1.25 per person each way.
How do you pay for the bus in Houston?
Fare for local buses or METRORail is $1.25.
- METRO Q® Fare Card. The METRO Q® is our electronic fare card which acts like a “digital wallet.” This unique card contains a microchip that stores your cash balance directly onto your card.
- METRO Q Mobile Ticketing.
- METRO Day Pass.
- METRO Money.
How do I get a Metrocard in Houston?
You can obtain a new full fare METRO Q® Fare Card or METRO Day Pass at any participating METRO retailer. Add value to the card by calling METRO Customer Service at 713-635-4000 to register your new full fare METRO Q® Fare Card. View downloadable PDF lists of participating retailers on this page.
Is Houston Metro Rail running today?
METRORail hours of operation are 4:30 a.m. to midnight Monday through Thursday, 4:30 a.m. to 2:20 a.m. Friday, 5:30 a.m. to 2:20 a.m. Saturday, and 5:30 a.m. to 11:40 a.m. Sunday.