- 1 Is it cheaper to buy Greyhound tickets online or in person?
- 2 How much is a Greyhound bus ticket to California?
- 3 Do Greyhound tickets get cheaper?
- 4 How can I get discount Greyhound tickets?
- 5 Is Megabus nicer than Greyhound?
- 6 What is cheaper Amtrak or Greyhound?
- 7 Does Greyhound still run?
- 8 How much is a bus ride in California?
- 9 How much are bus tickets to Florida?
- 10 What discounts does Greyhound offer?
- 11 Does Greyhound give free rides?
- 12 Can you ride Greyhound without ID?
- 13 Is Megabus really $1?
- 14 How can I save money on greyhound?
- 15 What is the best seat on a Greyhound bus?
Is it cheaper to buy Greyhound tickets online or in person?
Buying your ticket at a Greyhound station You can buy a ticket for travel the same day, or take advantage of lower prices by buying your ticket in advance (although it still won’t be as low as buying in advance online ).
How much is a Greyhound bus ticket to California?
Greyhound Bus Tickets to Los Angeles, California from $9.
Do Greyhound tickets get cheaper?
In general, Greyhound tickets do not get cheaper the longer you wait. Far in advance of the departure date tickets are usually quite cheap. Prices rise very slowly until 4-8 weeks prior to departure. The price of tickets then stabilizes until shortly before departure when prices reach their maximum point.
How can I get discount Greyhound tickets?
Finding Cheap Greyhound Tickets
- Book your bus trip online. Booking online with Greyhound will net you a special web only fare.
- Purchase your tickets ahead of time.
- Travel with friends or family.
- Book a student fare.
- Take advantage of senior fares.
Is Megabus nicer than Greyhound?
What I found: Both rides were comfortable, relatively on time, seemed safe, and were mostly clean (except for the bathrooms – you’ll want to avoid these if at all possible). Megabus offered a slightly better price and a younger clientele. Greyhound had better places to wait and more convenient travel times.
What is cheaper Amtrak or Greyhound?
Amtrak is more comfortable, Greyhound is more flexible. Greyhound is cheap and goes everywhere, but is the least pleasant possible experience. Amtrak is lovely but much much more expensive (e.g. $100+ for a 3 hour ride).
Does Greyhound still run?
Whether you need time away from the urban sprawl or are traveling for business, Greyhound has over 50 bus stations in California with regular service to hundreds of destinations across the U.S., Canada, and Mexico.
How much is a bus ride in California?
Pay Your Fare Metro’s base fare is $1.75. On Metro bus, you can pay cash each time you board ( bus operators don’t carry change, so you’ll need exact fare) or buy and add up to $20 to a reusable TAP card.
How much are bus tickets to Florida?
How much does it cost to take the bus to/from Florida? Of the 117 cities in Florida with bus service, the average cost of bus tickets is $40.00 on the top routes. The cheapest ticket available costs $5.00 while the most expensive ticket is $145.00 at this time. 12 bus companies operate buses to and from Florida.
What discounts does Greyhound offer?
Today’s Greyhound Top Offers: 10% Off Travel For Students + More. Up to 30% Off Traveling.
Does Greyhound give free rides?
Every year, around 400 kids and teenagers who have run away get a free ride home with Greyhound, anywhere in the U.S. It’s part of our Home Free program, and here’s how it works If you or someone you know has run away and wants to come home or you need some help, call toll- free 1-800-RUNAWAY (1-800-786-2929).
Can you ride Greyhound without ID?
Do I need an ID to board my bus? Yes, Greyhound requires you to present an ID to an agent to board the bus. Make sure you have identification issued by a government agency that meets the carrier’s requirements.
Is Megabus really $1?
There are only a few $1 seats on each Megabus route. Therefore, you’ll want to book your seat months in advance in order to score the lowest fare. If you see a low fare, jump on it. The average fare on Megabus is around $20 but I hope you avoid paying even that much with these tips.
How can I save money on greyhound?
2. Save money.
- Book early and book online.
- Only pack one bag.
- Check the Deals and Discounts link on Greyhound’s website.
- Students and veterans save 20 percent on fares, so make sure you bring an ID.
- Check ShopAtHome.com for Greyhound coupons, such as $49 one-way rates or get 10 percent off standard fares.
What is the best seat on a Greyhound bus?
The back of the bus you have a better chance at securing two seats, since most people select their seat by the time they’re half-way down the aisle. The back of the bus tends to be livelier, and people tend to become friendlier and more acquainted with their neighbor passengers.