- 1 What qualifications do you need for a bus driver?
- 2 How do I become a London bus driver?
- 3 How long does it take to become a bus driver?
- 4 How do I become a bus driver in Australia?
- 5 Is a bus driver a good career?
- 6 Are bus drivers in demand?
- 7 Is bus driving stressful?
- 8 How much do abellio bus drivers earn?
- 9 How many hours do London bus drivers work?
- 10 Is driving a bus difficult?
- 11 How much does a trainee bus driver earn?
- 12 How difficult is it to become a bus driver?
- 13 What do bus drivers earn in Australia?
- 14 Can I move to Australia as a bus driver?
- 15 What is a bus drivers wage?
What qualifications do you need for a bus driver?
To become a bus or coach driver, you will need to complete training for a Passenger Carrying Vehicle (PCV) licence and the Driver Certificate of Professional Competence (CPC Driver ). To start training with a company, you must hold a full EU driving licence and be aged at least 18.
How do I become a London bus driver?
What we need from you
- Hold a full driver’s licence, with at least one year’s UK driving experience*
- Be prepared to work varying shift patterns, which include rostered weekends and bank holidays.
- Hold a current PCV licence & DQC or be prepared to train for one.
- Sense of humour and enthusiastic attitude.
How long does it take to become a bus driver?
How long will it take to become a bus driver with Go‑Ahead London? Your initial licence acquisition training will last approximately 7-8 weeks. Our driver training programme is part of a “Level 2 Passenger Transport Driver – Bus ” apprenticeship programme.
How do I become a bus driver in Australia?
In order to operate a bus, we need you to:
- Be a permanent resident of Australia or citizen of Australia or New Zealand.
- Have held an unrestricted Australian Driver’s Licence for at least 12 months within the last 24 months.
- Have a good driving history.
- Be willing to work all the shifts required of the position.
Is a bus driver a good career?
Job Satisfaction A job with a low stress level, good work-life balance and solid prospects to improve, get promoted and earn a higher salary would make many employees happy. Here’s how Bus Drivers job satisfaction is rated in terms of upward mobility, stress level and flexibility.
Are bus drivers in demand?
Are bus drivers in demand? Demand for bus drivers is projected to remain relatively flat over the next decade. Most job opportunities in the field are expected to be created by drivers who retire.
Is bus driving stressful?
According to Dr Tage Kristensen, of the National Institute of Occupational Health in Copenhagen, bus drivers are under more stress than executives. Bus drivers are practically public property, open to abuse and accusation. After a while it gets to you, and makes you mean.
How much do abellio bus drivers earn?
The typical Abellio Bus Driver salary is £13. Bus Driver salaries at Abellio can range from £12 – £15.
How many hours do London bus drivers work?
The maximum total driving time across the entire rota is seven hours and 51 minutes on any day, the rota averages out at just under 40 hours a week and there are two scheduled rest days (including Sunday).
Is driving a bus difficult?
Driving a bus is not that much more complicated than driving a car. You do have to be more careful, given the length and weight of a bus, as well as the responsibility you have to your passengers. However, the basics are the same, though you may need to learn to shift if you’ve never driven a standard before.
How much does a trainee bus driver earn?
Starting salaries of £500 per week (£26,000 per annum for drivers starting on our entry grade) rising to over £31,000 per annum. You are applying for the role of Bus Driver for Go-Ahead London – the leading operator and largest provider of bus passenger travel in London.
How difficult is it to become a bus driver?
School districts across the country are struggling to fill vital school bus driver positions. There’s a reason that great school bus drivers are difficult to find and keep: driving a school bus requires more than just driving skill and patience. The job requires a unique skill set, and it’s not as easy as you’d think.
What do bus drivers earn in Australia?
Find out what the average Bus Driver salary is The average bus driver salary in Australia is $58,500 per year or $30 per hour. Entry level positions start at $53,430 per year while most experienced workers make up to $75,332 per year.
Can I move to Australia as a bus driver?
If you would like to immigrate to Australia as a Bus Driver, you will need to first decide which visa would be a suitable visa for you to apply. If your occupation is on any one of the lists, you may be eligible to apply for an Australian migration visa.
What is a bus drivers wage?
Start on £12.65 per hour, rising to £13.81 per hour after two years employment.