- 1 What license do I need to drive a bus in Australia?
- 2 How do I get a bus Licence UK?
- 3 What Licence do you need to drive a bus in NZ?
- 4 How do I get a NSW bus Licence?
- 5 Is driving a bus a good job?
- 6 Can I drive a 14 seater minibus on a car Licence?
- 7 How long is training to be a bus driver?
- 8 How do I train to be a bus driver?
- 9 Do bus drivers make good money?
- 10 Can I drive a 17 seater minibus on my Licence?
- 11 What can I drive on a Class 2?
- 12 What’s it like driving a bus?
- 13 How much do bus drivers get paid NSW?
- 14 What is a bus Licence called?
- 15 How much does it cost to get a Mr Licence in NSW?
What license do I need to drive a bus in Australia?
To drive a bus in Australia you need a medium rigid (MR) or heavy rigid (HR) licence, there’s no such thing as a ‘ bus licence ‘. The MR licence covers buses with a gross vehicle mass of more than eight tonnes and no more than two axles.
How do I get a bus Licence UK?
To become a lorry, bus or coach driver you need to: have a full car licence. How to get and keep the full Driver CPC
- Apply for a provisional lorry or bus licence.
- Pass the 4 tests that make up Driver CPC to qualify.
- Take 35 hours of periodic training every 5 years to stay qualified.
What Licence do you need to drive a bus in NZ?
To become a bus driver you need to have held a clean Class 1 driver’s licence (a car licence ) for two years. Depending on the size of bus you want to drive, you also need a Class 2 or Class 4 driver’s licence. You must also have a valid passenger (P) endorsement on your licence, which shows you can carry passengers.
How do I get a NSW bus Licence?
- be aged 20 years or over.
- be the holder of an unrestricted Australian driver licence.
- have held your unrestricted Australian driver licence for a total of at least 12 months in the 2 years prior to your application.
- have passed a medical examination for a commercial driver.
- be a fit and proper person.
Is driving a bus a good job?
Good Paying Job. A career in the bus driving industry can mean making up to $44,000 per year. Extra earning opportunities are usually available as well. There are also several opportunities to pick up extra hours, as well as receive employee benefits from the school.
Can I drive a 14 seater minibus on a car Licence?
Anyone with a normal licence can drive a minibus with up to 12 seats. For people who passed their test and got their driving licence before 1 January 1997, you are likely to have a Category D1 licence. This allows you to drive a minibus with up to 16 passenger seats – but not for hire or reward.
How long is training to be a bus driver?
How long will it take to become a bus driver with Go‑Ahead London? Your initial licence acquisition training will last approximately 7-8 weeks. Our driver training programme is part of a “Level 2 Passenger Transport Driver – Bus ” apprenticeship programme.
How do I train to be a bus driver?
To become a bus or coach driver, you will need to complete training for a Passenger Carrying Vehicle (PCV) licence and the Driver Certificate of Professional Competence (CPC Driver ). To start training with a company, you must hold a full EU driving licence and be aged at least 18.
Do bus drivers make good money?
Bellevue, WA beats the national average by $6,397 (18.9%), and Richmond, CA furthers that trend with another $7,576 (22.4%) above the $33,891 average. Top 10 Highest Paying Cities for School Bus Driver Jobs.
Can I drive a 17 seater minibus on my Licence?
You may drive a category B licence minibus with up to 9 seats and weighing up to 3.5 tonnes and you can also drive a D1 minibus over 3.5 tonne and up to 17 seats.
What can I drive on a Class 2?
A Class 2 driving licence allows you to drive a category C vehicle. A category C vehicle is also known as a rigid body vehicle. Having a Category C licence, allows you drive rigid vehicles over 3500kg and tow a trailer up to 750kg. If you want to drive an articulated lorry you will need a Class 1 HGV licence.
What’s it like driving a bus?
Driving a bus is often easier than driving a car. A lot of the drivers are courteous to bus drivers and block for them when we need to make a turn or change lanes. Buses get to use the express lanes so the amount of time we actually sit in traffic is limited. The buses I drive are well maintained.
How much do bus drivers get paid NSW?
The average salary for a bus driver is $31.57 per hour in Sydney NSW.
What is a bus Licence called?
The PSV licence was the standard licence required of both drivers and operators of Category D vehicles such as buses, coaches, and minibuses. Regulatory changes in 1992 technically abolished the PSV for drivers and replaced it with the PCV licence we are all familiar with today.
How much does it cost to get a Mr Licence in NSW?
Medium Rigid ( MR ) Course Summary It also allows the holder to tow a trailer of no more than 9 tonnes GVM, and any vehicle covered by a Class LR Licence. Our fee is $1000 for the day for training and assessment in our vehicle.