How do I make a cake look like a truck?
Place 1 cup frosting in a small bowl; tint yellow. Place 3/4 cup frosting in another bowl; tint blue. Leave remaining 1/4 cup frosting white. Frost the top of one cake yellow; top with the remaining cake to form truck body.
What is the trick to icing a cake?
Follow These Steps
- Put a dab of frosting on the cake stand.
- Place the first cake layer on the stand.
- Put a few strips of parchment paper under your cake.
- Start with 1 to 1½ cups of frosting.
- Spread the frosting just beyond the edge of your cake.
- Place the second layer top-side down.
How can I decorate my homemade cake?
Melted chocolate and ganache Chocolate is one of our favourite ways to decorate a cake. It can be melted, mixed with cream to make ganache or you can simply use cocoa powder as a light dusting for your cake.