- 1 How much is a monthly MBTA pass?
- 2 Where can I buy MBTA passes?
- 3 How much does a monthly T pass cost?
- 4 How do I get a Charlie Card?
- 5 How do I buy a monthly MBTA pass?
- 6 Can I get a Charlie card online?
- 7 How do I get a senior MBTA pass?
- 8 How do I get my student MBTA pass?
- 9 How do I put money on a Charlie Card?
- 10 How much is a trip on the T?
- 11 How does the 7 day Metro pass work?
- 12 Why is it called a Charlie Card?
- 13 Are Charlie cards free?
- 14 Is there a Charlie Card App?
- 15 Can I buy a Charlie card at Star Market?
How much is a monthly MBTA pass?
Bus and Subway Fares
|Pass Type||Until June 30, 2019|
|Pass Type||Monthly Local Bus||$55.00|
|Pass Type||Monthly LinkPass||$90.00|
|Pass Type||1-Day LinkPass||$12.75|
|Pass Type||7-Day LinkPass||$22.50|
Where can I buy MBTA passes?
One-way, round trip, and monthly Commuter Rail passes up to Zone 8* are available at fare vending machines, which are located at all subway stations and the Lynn and Worcester/Union Commuter Rail stations. Most machines accept cash, major credit/debit cards, and EBT cards.
How much does a monthly T pass cost?
CharlieCard weekly pass: Unlimited rides, $22.50/week or $90/ month (assumes 4-week month, though would be slightly more than this if used weekly passes for a 30- or 31-day month ) CharlieCard monthly pass: Unlimited rides, $90.00/ month.
How do I get a Charlie Card?
Call 617-222-3200 for more information. You can also visit the CharlieCard Store. After you apply, you’ll get a 30-day reduced fare CharlieTicket while your new pass is sent to you. Or, mail your expired CharlieCard to the store, and your new card will be mailed within 7 – 10 business days.
How do I buy a monthly MBTA pass?
All monthly passes for all modes other than Interzone and Commuter Rail Zone 9-10 are available at fare vending machines and retail sales locations around Greater Boston. You can purchase any Commuter Rail or ferry pass on mTicket, but keep in mind those passes aren’t valid for travel on any other mode.
Can I get a Charlie card online?
MBTA riders can now pay for their Charlie Cards online, the transit authority announced Wednesday. New features on the T’s website, mbta.com, will allow customers to add value to Charlie Cards, set up recurring monthly pass purchases, and register cards for loss and damage protection.
How do I get a senior MBTA pass?
Where to buy /reload a TAP card
- Online at taptogo.net.
- By phone 866.TAPTOGO ( 866.827.8646 )
- At over 450 TAP Vendor Locations.
- At TAP Vending Machines located at all Metro Rail, Silver Line and Orange Line stations.
How do I get my student MBTA pass?
To receive a Student CharlieCard, your middle or high school must be enrolled in the Student Pass Program. Homeschooled students can request a Student CharlieCard by completing our order form. College students are not eligible for the Student Pass Program, though they can use the Semester Pass Program.
How do I put money on a Charlie Card?
– You can also add money at a Transit Center (Haverhill Transit or Buckley Transportation in Lawrence). Hand the customer service representative your Charlie Card and the amount of money you would like to put onto the card (in cash ) and the customer service representative will handle the rest.
How much is a trip on the T?
SUBWAY FARES The cost of a one-way trip is $2.75 with a paper ticket. These tickets are available at every stop using a self-serve machine. With the Charlie Card, each ride is just $2.25. The fare includes a free transfer to the buses.
How does the 7 day Metro pass work?
7 – Day Pass: Valid for 7 consecutive days from the first tap. Expires at 3am on the day following expiration. Add’l charges apply to ride: Metro Silver Line, Metro Express Buses. 30- Day Pass: Valid for 30 consecutive days from the first tap.
Why is it called a Charlie Card?
It is named after a fictional character in the folk song “M.T.A.”, often called ” Charlie on the MTA”, which concerns a man forever trapped on the Boston subway system – then known as the Metropolitan Transit Authority (MTA) – because he cannot pay the 5-cent surcharge required to leave the train.
Are Charlie cards free?
1 Answer. Charlie Card is free. If you approach any MBTA employee in South Station or Back Bay Station they’ll just give you one and you can load it with your credit card at the machine.
Is there a Charlie Card App?
The Official MBTA mTicket App is like a ticket office in your pocket. Your smartphone is your ticket! With the new MBTA mTicket App for Commuter Rail and Ferry, you can securely purchase MBTA Commuter Rail and Ferry Single Ride, Round-Trip, and 10 Ride tickets in seconds.
Can I buy a Charlie card at Star Market?
They almost always have a truck parked near the station where you can buy a preloaded Charlie Card for $5. Bam. Now you have one. Might be a bit of a trip for you but the Star Market at Porter Square has them.