- 1 How can I get discount Greyhound tickets?
- 2 How do you get on a Greyhound bus without ID?
- 3 Do Greyhound tickets get cheaper?
- 4 What cities does Greyhound travel to?
- 5 What is cheaper Amtrak or Greyhound?
- 6 Does Greyhound give free rides?
- 7 Can I give my Greyhound ticket to someone else?
- 8 How can I travel without an ID?
- 9 Is there a security check for Greyhound?
- 10 What discounts does Greyhound offer?
- 11 Does Greyhound have WIFI?
- 12 Do Greyhound buses have restrooms?
- 13 Do Greyhound busses stop for food?
- 14 Who bought Greyhound 2020?
- 15 Can I travel with my dog on Greyhound?
How can I get discount Greyhound tickets?
Finding Cheap Greyhound Tickets
- Book your bus trip online. Booking online with Greyhound will net you a special web only fare.
- Purchase your tickets ahead of time.
- Travel with friends or family.
- Book a student fare.
- Take advantage of senior fares.
How do you get on a Greyhound bus without ID?
I spoke with Greyhound Customer service on June 21, 2019. A person without an official ID has one option, which is to pre-pay a ticket online. It has an $18.00 fee on top of the ticket price and is only available in the United States, but it may be your only option.
Do Greyhound tickets get cheaper?
In general, Greyhound tickets do not get cheaper the longer you wait. Far in advance of the departure date tickets are usually quite cheap. Prices rise very slowly until 4-8 weeks prior to departure. The price of tickets then stabilizes until shortly before departure when prices reach their maximum point.
What cities does Greyhound travel to?
Check out our city guidesWhere will you go?
- Albany. Explore Albany. Albany.
- Albuquerque. Explore Albuquerque. Albuquerque.
- Atlanta. Explore Atlanta. Atlanta.
- Atlantic City. Explore Atlantic City. Atlantic City.
- Baltimore. Explore Baltimore. Baltimore.
- Baton Rouge. Explore Baton Rouge.
- Biloxi. Explore Biloxi.
- Birmingham. Explore Birmingham.
What is cheaper Amtrak or Greyhound?
Amtrak is more comfortable, Greyhound is more flexible. Greyhound is cheap and goes everywhere, but is the least pleasant possible experience. Amtrak is lovely but much much more expensive (e.g. $100+ for a 3 hour ride).
Does Greyhound give free rides?
Every year, around 400 kids and teenagers who have run away get a free ride home with Greyhound, anywhere in the U.S. It’s part of our Home Free program, and here’s how it works If you or someone you know has run away and wants to come home or you need some help, call toll- free 1-800-RUNAWAY (1-800-786-2929).
Can I give my Greyhound ticket to someone else?
On the day you travel, just head to the departure gate with your ticket. Print at Home tickets are non-transferable, so you can ‘t give them to someone else.
How can I travel without an ID?
You may still fly on US domestic flights, provided that you go through additional identity and security screening at the TSA security checkpoint. So the bottom line is yes, you can fly domestically without a driver’s license, or other government-issued photo ID if either was lost or stolen.
Is there a security check for Greyhound?
Allowing law enforcement onboard “Cops routinely board Greyhound buses and ask passengers to search their luggage,” Theshia Naidoo, a legal director with the Drug Policy Alliance, tells ConsumerAffairs. “If a person consents to the search, there is no fourth amendment protections relating to the search.”
What discounts does Greyhound offer?
Today’s Greyhound Top Offers: 10% Off Travel For Students + More. Up to 30% Off Traveling.
Does Greyhound have WIFI?
Wi-Fi is free on all Greyhound buses, and for all passengers.
Do Greyhound buses have restrooms?
Yes, there are bathrooms on all Greyhound buses. They are located at the rear of the bus. They are pretty basic and only contain a toilet and hopefully some toilet paper.
Do Greyhound busses stop for food?
We don’t sell food or drink on our buses, so it’s a good idea to stock up on food and drinks before boarding (not alcoholic drinks though, they’re not allowed). But if you forget, the bus does stop frequently (check your itinerary to see how often), and some stops will have places to buy food.
Who bought Greyhound 2020?
FirstGroup, which bought Greyhound for $3.6 billion including debt from Laidlaw International in 2007, plans to sell the bus line and spin off its UK operator First Bus to head off shareholder pressure, lifting its shares by as much as 13%.
Can I travel with my dog on Greyhound?
We don’t let animals on board (not even Greyhound puppies). The only exception is legitimate service animals riding together with a disabled person. For more information, see our Customers with Disabilities page.