- 1 How do I become a London bus driver?
- 2 How do I become a bus driver UK?
- 3 How do I become a bus driver in NSW?
- 4 What age do you need to be a bus driver?
- 5 Is bus driving stressful?
- 6 How much do abellio bus drivers earn?
- 7 Is a bus driver a good career?
- 8 How much money do bus drivers make UK?
- 9 What skills does a bus driver need?
- 10 Do bus drivers make good money?
- 11 How long are bus driver shifts?
- 12 How much do bus drivers earn NSW?
- 13 How much do go ahead bus drivers earn?
- 14 How much does a trainee bus driver earn?
- 15 What are the duties of a bus driver?
How do I become a London bus driver?
What we need from you
- Hold a full driver’s licence, with at least one year’s UK driving experience*
- Be prepared to work varying shift patterns, which include rostered weekends and bank holidays.
- Hold a current PCV licence & DQC or be prepared to train for one.
- Sense of humour and enthusiastic attitude.
How do I become a bus driver UK?
To become a lorry, bus or coach driver you need to: have a full car licence. How to get and keep the full Driver CPC
- Apply for a provisional lorry or bus licence.
- Pass the 4 tests that make up Driver CPC to qualify.
- Take 35 hours of periodic training every 5 years to stay qualified.
How do I become a bus driver in NSW?
In order to operate a bus, we need you to:
- Be a permanent resident of Australia or citizen of Australia or New Zealand.
- Have held an unrestricted Australian Driver’s Licence for at least 12 months within the last 24 months.
- Have a good driving history.
- Be willing to work all the shifts required of the position.
What age do you need to be a bus driver?
You must be a minimum of 18 years of age to hold a bus driving licence and meet our minimum employment criteria (detailed in the application process). Are there any medical restrictions on becoming a bus driver with Go‑Ahead London?
Is bus driving stressful?
According to Dr Tage Kristensen, of the National Institute of Occupational Health in Copenhagen, bus drivers are under more stress than executives. Bus drivers are practically public property, open to abuse and accusation. After a while it gets to you, and makes you mean.
How much do abellio bus drivers earn?
The typical Abellio Bus Driver salary is £13. Bus Driver salaries at Abellio can range from £12 – £15.
Is a bus driver a good career?
Job Satisfaction A job with a low stress level, good work-life balance and solid prospects to improve, get promoted and earn a higher salary would make many employees happy. Here’s how Bus Drivers job satisfaction is rated in terms of upward mobility, stress level and flexibility.
How much money do bus drivers make UK?
The average bus driver salary is £22,135 within the UK. Following completion of a PCV licence and Driver certificate of professional competence and receipt of digital tachograph card, a bus driver on entry may expect to earn anywhere between £14,000 – £17,000 per year depending on location and industry.
What skills does a bus driver need?
As a Bus Driver, what are the key skills I need to have?
- Excellent knowledge of the roads and routes you’re driving on.
- Confident driving skills.
- Excellent understanding of the highway code and traffic regulations.
- Patient, responsible, assertive and understanding manner.
- Excellent customer service skills.
Do bus drivers make good money?
Bellevue, WA beats the national average by $6,397 (18.9%), and Richmond, CA furthers that trend with another $7,576 (22.4%) above the $33,891 average. Top 10 Highest Paying Cities for School Bus Driver Jobs.
How long are bus driver shifts?
The maximum total driving time across the entire rota is seven hours and 51 minutes on any day, the rota averages out at just under 40 hours a week and there are two scheduled rest days (including Sunday).
How much do bus drivers earn NSW?
The average salary for a bus driver is $31.42 per hour in Sydney NSW.
How much do go ahead bus drivers earn?
We are offering excellent rates of pay with service related increases. Starting salaries of £500 per week (£26,000 per annum for drivers starting on our entry grade) rising to over £31,000 per annum.
How much does a trainee bus driver earn?
Starting salaries of £500 per week (£26,000 per annum for drivers starting on our entry grade) rising to over £31,000 per annum. You are applying for the role of Bus Driver for Go-Ahead London – the leading operator and largest provider of bus passenger travel in London.
What are the duties of a bus driver?
Bus Driver Duties & Responsibilities
- Drive safely along designated routes.
- Obey traffic laws, safety procedures, and transit regulations.
- Pick up and drop off passengers at designated locations.
- Follow a specific timetable while on duty.
- Assist passengers with disabilities to get on the bus.