- 1 How do I put money on my SmarTrip card?
- 2 How do I add money to my SmarTrip card online?
- 3 How do you pay for DC Metro bus?
- 4 How do I add a SmarTrip card to my wallet?
- 5 Do SmarTrip cards expire?
- 6 Does CVS sell SmarTrip cards?
- 7 How does Metro card work?
- 8 How do I register my SmarTrip card?
- 9 Do SmarTrip cards work on buses?
- 10 How much is a Metro pass in DC?
- 11 How do you use the Metro bus in DC?
- 12 How do I add a metro card to my wallet?
- 13 Can I add my bus card to my Apple wallet?
- 14 Can I tap Presto from my phone?
How do I put money on my SmarTrip card?
How Do I Add Money To My SmarTrip Card?
- Before you tap your card to the target, push the ADD VALUE button on the farebox.
- Touch your card to the SmarTrip target.
- Insert cash $1, $5, $10 or $20 bills or coins (no pennies) to load up to a maximum of $300 total value on the card.
How do I add money to my SmarTrip card online?
To add an unregistered card online, login to your account, go to Manage Your SmarTrip Account, and Click Add a SmarTrip Card.
How do you pay for DC Metro bus?
The cost per trip is $2 payable in cash or with SmarTrip. Customers can save considerably by purchasing a 7-day bus pass for just $15, providing an unlimited number of bus trips on a Metrobus, RideOn, ART, DASH, Fairfax Connector, and The Bus.
How do I add a SmarTrip card to my wallet?
How to add new SmarTrip cards to your Apple Wallet
- Open the Wallet app on your iPhone and tap the “+”
- Choose SmarTrip under Transit Cards.
- Enter an amount to add to your SmarTrip.
- Confirm your purchase.
- Your SmarTrip is now in Apple Wallet, ready for use.
Do SmarTrip cards expire?
After your transit benefit has been loaded onto your SmarTrip card at the Passes/Farecards machine, it will not expire and it is not time sensitive.
Does CVS sell SmarTrip cards?
SmarTrip cards are also available at Giant Food stores, commuter stores, college campuses and the Metro sales office at Metro Center. But CVS is by far the largest retailer of the fare cards; it has three times as many stores in the program as Giant.
How does Metro card work?
The ticket which could be a token or card is purchased from the Ticket Counter or Customer Care Centre. Subsequently, the passenger proceeds to one of several gates that separate the Paid Area from the Unpaid Area. If valid, the gates will open automatically, and the passenger can pass to the Paid Area.
How do I register my SmarTrip card?
You can register your card at https:// smartrip.wmata.com/ Registration / Register.aspx or by calling the SmarTrip Customer Service Center at 1-888- SMARTRIP (762-7874).
Do SmarTrip cards work on buses?
SmarTrip ® Card SmarTrip is accepted on Metrorail, Metrobus, local bus systems, and some commuter buses. Metrorail fares must be paid with a SmarTrip card.
How much is a Metro pass in DC?
Cost to Ride
|Metrorail & Metrobus
|Cost to Ride
|7-Day Short Trip
How do you use the Metro bus in DC?
DC METRO PASSES. First, you will need a SmarTrip card to enter and exit the system. A SmarTrip card is required for each rider aged 5 and older (up to two children under age five may travel free with each fare-paying adult). SmartTrip cards can be ordered online or you may buy a card at the station.
How do I add a metro card to my wallet?
Set up a new transit card in Wallet
- Check that the Region on your device is correct.
- Open the Wallet app on your iPhone.
- Tap the add button.
- Tap your city’s transit card, then choose an amount to put on the card and tap Add.
- Follow the steps to create a new transit card on your iPhone.
Can I add my bus card to my Apple wallet?
On your current iPhone, open the Wallet app and tap your travel card. On your new iPhone, open the Wallet app and tap the add button. Under Travel Cards, tap your travel card. Add your travel card to the new iPhone.
Can I tap Presto from my phone?
The update means that users can now reload funds through the app, tap their Presto cards to their phones, and their balance will instantly updated. The function was previously available to Android users, but has now been rolled out to iPhones as well.