- 1 How do you pay for the bus in Honolulu?
- 2 How do you buy bus tickets in Honolulu?
- 3 How do you get around Honolulu bus?
- 4 Is there a bus that goes around Oahu?
- 5 How do you pay for the bus in Hawaii?
- 6 Does the bus go to Honolulu Airport?
- 7 How much is shuttle from Honolulu Airport to Waikiki?
- 8 How much is a senior bus pass in Honolulu?
- 9 How much is public transportation in Honolulu?
- 10 Can you take luggage on the bus in Honolulu?
- 11 What is the best way to get around in Honolulu?
- 12 Can you get around Honolulu without a car?
- 13 Does Oahu bus take card?
- 14 What is the cheapest way to get from Honolulu Airport to Waikiki?
- 15 How long does it take to get from Honolulu to North Shore?
How do you pay for the bus in Honolulu?
Fares & Routes
- Adults: $2.50 one way, with 1 free transfer per trip (ask the driver for a transfer when you pay your fare)
- Students (grades 6-12 and under age 19): $1.25 one way.
- Seniors (65+ with reduced fare card or valid Medicare card) and persons with disabilities: $1 one way.
How do you buy bus tickets in Honolulu?
Particpating Retail locations. Select Satellite City Hall locations. TheBus Pass Office – Kalihi Transit Center.
- HOLO Call Center phone payment (808-768-4656)
- Participating Retail Locations (cash only)
- Select Satellite City Hall locations (cash only)
How do you get around Honolulu bus?
DO: Take “TheBus” – Honolulu Bus System In fact, it’s one of the best ways to get around Honolulu and other parts of the island. “TheBus” is affordable and boasts 93 routes and 4,200 stops around the island. No matter what you plan to do in Oahu, TheBus is an exceptional way to get around.
Is there a bus that goes around Oahu?
The Oahu bus is a reliable source to travel around the island, and getting to places in a reasonable amount of time. A quick bus transfer should get you to further traveling destinations such as the Lanikai Beach or the North Shore. Most Oahu buses arrive at the bus stops every 10 to 30 minutes.
How do you pay for the bus in Hawaii?
- Tel: 808.848.4444.
- Services: Bus, Paratransit.
- Forms of Payment: Cash, Debit/Credit Cards.
- Ways to Pay: Online Store.
- Bus Pass Sales Office.
- Monthly Pass: 30-Day – $60.
- Senior/Paratransit – $30/Annual; $60/Biennial.
- Split Payment Option: N/A.
Does the bus go to Honolulu Airport?
Bus to Honolulu International Airport: On Kuhio Avenue, Saratoga Road or Kalia Road heading away from Diamond Head, board 19 Airport -Hickam or 20 Airport -Pearlridge.
How much is shuttle from Honolulu Airport to Waikiki?
Budget-minded travelers will appreciate Aloha Waikiki Shuttle. This shuttle from the airport costs $10 per person. Aloha Waikiki Shuttle also offers several tour transportation options to points of interest.
How much is a senior bus pass in Honolulu?
Riders in the senior, Medicare and disabled category would pay a maximum of $60 annually, an increase of $25, The Honolulu Star-Advertiser reported Sunday. Those riders would see a single ride increase from $1 to $1.25.
How much is public transportation in Honolulu?
TheBus is the official transit service of Oahu. Buses run regularly through Honolulu and around the island, and the fare is $2.50, which includes a free transfer within a limited time window (ask for this when you board and pay your fare).
Can you take luggage on the bus in Honolulu?
Can you bring luggage on the Oahu bus? From the City and County of Honolulu about luggage on the bus: Baggage that can be stored under a passenger’s seat or on a passenger’s lap, that will not protrude to another seat or otherwise interfere with other passengers, will be admitted at no charge.
What is the best way to get around in Honolulu?
The best way to get around Oahu is by car. And fortunately, the island has some of Hawaii’s most reasonable rates for car rentals, particularly at Daniel K. Inouye International Airport (HNL). Ride-hailing services like Uber and Lyft also operate on Oahu.
- Charley’s Taxi.
Can you get around Honolulu without a car?
Oahu does have a bus system that goes around the island. This means that if you don’t want to rent a car, it IS possible to get to some of the top spots on the island of Oahu without a car.
Does Oahu bus take card?
Tap your HOLO card on TheBus to pay for your transit ride anywhere on the island of Oahu. Simplify your travel. Load money onto your HOLO card online, using your phone, and at local retailers. No need to hassle with cash.
What is the cheapest way to get from Honolulu Airport to Waikiki?
The fastest transportation option between HNL Airport and Waikiki is almost certainly a taxi service (it takes around 25 minutes), but it is also one of the priciest transfers – $45. The cheapest (but the slowest) transportation option is definitely public bus – routes 19 and 20 can take you to Waikiki for only $2.50.
How long does it take to get from Honolulu to North Shore?
Yes, the driving distance between Honolulu to North Shore ( Oahu ) is 32 miles. It takes approximately 41 min to drive from Honolulu to North Shore ( Oahu ).