- 1 How do I get to Griffith Observatory?
- 2 Can you walk to Griffith Observatory?
- 3 How much does it cost to go to the Griffith Observatory?
- 4 What is the best time to go to Griffith Observatory?
- 5 Is the Griffith Observatory free?
- 6 Can you drive to Griffith Observatory at night?
- 7 How long is the hike from Griffith Observatory to Hollywood sign?
- 8 What animals are in Griffith Park?
- 9 How much does it cost to see the Hollywood sign?
- 10 Is the Griffith Observatory worth visiting?
- 11 Can you see Hollywood sign from Observatory?
- 12 Where celebrities hang out in LA?
- 13 Can you eat at Griffith Observatory?
- 14 What’s near the Griffith Observatory?
- 15 Where do I start the Griffith Observatory Hike?
How do I get to Griffith Observatory?
How to Get There
- The DASH Observatory bus: It runs from the Metro Red Line Vermont/Sunset station along Hillhurst Avenue in Los Feliz, stopping at the Greek Theatre and the Observatory.
- Drive to the Observatory parking lot: The Observatory website has all the latest information about where to park and how much it costs.
Can you walk to Griffith Observatory?
No permit is required to hike to Griffith Observatory and visiting Griffith Park is free, so get out and enjoy! To get to the trailhead: From Interstate 5, take exit 141 for Los Feliz Boulevard. Go west on Los Feliz Boulevard for 2.4 miles. Turn right up Fern Dell Drive and drive 0.4 miles into Griffith Park.
How much does it cost to go to the Griffith Observatory?
Tickets: Admission to the observatory and grounds is free of charge. Tickets for the shows in the planetarium cost $7 for adults and children over 13, $5 for visitors aged over 60 and students, and $3 for children aged between 5 and 12.
What is the best time to go to Griffith Observatory?
That’s another reason that the best time to visit Griffith Observatory is during a weekday morning or early afternoon. If you want to go inside to see the exhibits, check out the facility’s hours. Of course, they’re open late most days, so guests can see L.A. and the night skies in the dark.
Is the Griffith Observatory free?
Admission to the building and grounds of Griffith Observatory is free of charge. Planetarium shows at the Observatory are offered eight times a day on weekdays and ten times a day on weekends, of which a nominal fee is charged for admission to the planetarium shows.
Can you drive to Griffith Observatory at night?
The Griffith Observatory is open until 10pm and it has it’s own dedicated parking lot so you don’t need to take the shuttle.
How long is the hike from Griffith Observatory to Hollywood sign?
Griffith Observatory is an great starting point for this hike. Parking is free at Griffith Observatory. The hike from Griffith Observatory to the Hollywood Sign is about 6 miles round-trip. It’s not the easiest trail but it’s perfect for those looking for more of a challenge.
What animals are in Griffith Park?
The Park boasts rare native species such as Southern California black walnut (found only in the Los Angeles area). Mammals making their home in the Park include mule deer, coyote, racoon, gray fox, opossum, skunk, bobcat, and mountain lion.
How much does it cost to see the Hollywood sign?
There is no cost to visit the Hollywood Sign. But please be aware that parking at the Griffith Observatory is now metered parking and parking illegally will get you a parking ticket. To avoid parking at the Sign, please take the DASH bus.
Is the Griffith Observatory worth visiting?
They offer about 4 shows currently, and is presented by a live, knowledgeable story-teller. Griffith Observatory needs to be a MUST-SEE when traveling to Los Angeles. Totally worth going to. Beautiful area, gorgeous view, educational and fun.
Can you see Hollywood sign from Observatory?
The best places to see the Hollywood Sign are Griffith Observatory and Hollywood & Highland. You can hike toward the Sign along trails in Griffith Park, but you cannot get too close. The Sign is NOT illuminated at night.
Where celebrities hang out in LA?
Where to Spot a Celebrity in Los Angeles
- Palm trees, endless summers, and forever beach days aside, many people flock to Los Angeles with the hope of spotting someone famous.
- Runyon Canyon.
- Musso & Frank Grill.
- Hollywood Roosevelt.
- Beauty & Essex.
- TCL Chinese Theatres.
- Little Dom’s.
- Franklin Village.
Can you eat at Griffith Observatory?
May I bring food or drinks into the Observatory? No. Food and drinks are not permitted in the building. However, you may purchase food and drinks at the Observatory’s Café at the End of the Universe on the lower level.
What’s near the Griffith Observatory?
- The Getty Center.
- Griffith Observatory.
- Universal Studios Hollywood.
- Petersen Automotive Museum.
- The Wizarding World of Harry Potter.
- Battleship USS Iowa Museum.
- The Broad.
- Staples Center.
Where do I start the Griffith Observatory Hike?
Enter Griffith Park’s Fern Dell entrance at Los Feliz Boulevard and Fern Dell Drive. The trailhead is about 0.5 miles inside the park, just past the Trails Cafe.