- 1 How do the British spell busses?
- 2 Why is the plural of bus not busses?
- 3 How do you write bus?
- 4 Does bus mean kisses?
- 5 Is bus a word?
- 6 How do you spell bus in past tense?
- 7 What is the plural of Fox?
- 8 What does Buss mean sexually?
- 9 What is the plural for gas?
- 10 How do you use bus in a sentence?
- 11 What does bus mean?
- 12 How do you draw a bus easy?
- 13 What does bus mean in texting?
- 14 What’s another word for bus?
- 15 What does Buss up mean?
How do the British spell busses?
Usage notes Buses (suffixing -es) is now the usual plural of bus in both British and American English.
Why is the plural of bus not busses?
The plural of the noun bus is buses. You might see the plural busses, but that form is so rare that it seems like an error to many people. Words that do rhyme with bus are usually spelled with a double s, like fusses or trusses. Until 1961, ‘ busses ‘ was the preferred plural of ‘bus ‘ in Merriam-Webster dictionaries.
How do you write bus?
Buses and busses appear to be alternate spellings of the same word, but most style guides advise writers to use just one of them as the plural word for bus. Buses is the plural form of the noun bus, a vehicle which carries many passengers. This is the preferred spelling in all dialects of English.
Does bus mean kisses?
Busses is the third person singular present tense conjugation of the verb buss, which means to kiss. It can also be the plural of the noun buss, where it means more than one kiss.
Is bus a word?
The plural form of bus is buses. To be fair, a few dictionaries do list busses as an alternative plural form of bus. But it appears so rarely that most people would view it as a spelling error.
How do you spell bus in past tense?
Word forms: plural buses, 3rd person singular present tense busses, present participle bussing, past tense, past participle bussed language note: The plural form of the noun is buses. The third person singular of the verb is busses. American English uses the spellings buses, busing, bused for the verb.
What is the plural of Fox?
noun plural foxes or fox.
What does Buss mean sexually?
noun, verb (used with or without object) kiss.
What is the plural for gas?
(gæs ) Word forms: gases, gasses, gassing, gassedlanguage note: The form gases is the plural of the noun. The form gasses is the third person singular of the verb.
How do you use bus in a sentence?
Busses sentence example
- Twelve dollars later I was let off at a shabby red brick building in a section of town where no tour busses stop.
- Transportation to the park is available through Disney Transportation busses, if you are staying at a Disney Resort Hotel.
What does bus mean?
1: to travel by a large motor vehicle designed to carry passengers usually along a fixed route according to a schedule: to travel by bus. 2: to work as a busboy. transitive verb.
How do you draw a bus easy?
- Start the top half of the bus.
- Add the bottom half of the bus.
- Draw two wheels and the ground line.
- Erase inside the wheel, add fender lines.
- Draw the hub caps and windows.
- Add front bumper and stripe.
- Draw a background.
- Add a sky with clouds.
What does bus mean in texting?
BUS — Beat Up Someone.
What’s another word for bus?
What is another word for bus?
What does Buss up mean?
1. Noun. A roti made with butter, usually ghee. Oil is rubbed on both sides, then it is cooked on a tawah.