- 1 Is bus’s correct?
- 2 Does bus mean kisses?
- 3 Why is the plural of bus not busses?
- 4 How do the British spell busses?
- 5 What does Buss mean sexually?
- 6 What is the plural of story?
- 7 Is bus a word?
- 8 What does bus mean in texting?
- 9 What’s another word for bus?
- 10 What is the plural for gas?
- 11 What is the plural of Fox?
- 12 What is the plural of wolf?
- 13 Why does Bus only have one S?
- 14 What does bus mean?
- 15 What is a plural of baby?
Is bus’s correct?
Add ‘s to singular common nouns ending in s unless the next word begins with s: the bus’s engine, the bus ‘ seats, witness’s answer, the witness’ story. Use only an apostrophe for singular proper names ending in s: Drakes’ decision. And add only an apostrophe to plural proper names ending in s: the Parkses’ home.
Does bus mean kisses?
Busses is the third person singular present tense conjugation of the verb buss, which means to kiss. It can also be the plural of the noun buss, where it means more than one kiss.
Why is the plural of bus not busses?
The plural of the noun bus is buses. You might see the plural busses, but that form is so rare that it seems like an error to many people. Words that do rhyme with bus are usually spelled with a double s, like fusses or trusses. Until 1961, ‘ busses ‘ was the preferred plural of ‘bus ‘ in Merriam-Webster dictionaries.
How do the British spell busses?
Usage notes Buses (suffixing -es) is now the usual plural of bus in both British and American English.
What does Buss mean sexually?
noun, verb (used with or without object) kiss.
What is the plural of story?
A ‘ story ‘ can be a description of a series of events. They can be true or imagined. The plural form is ‘ stories ‘.
Is bus a word?
The plural form of bus is buses. To be fair, a few dictionaries do list busses as an alternative plural form of bus. But it appears so rarely that most people would view it as a spelling error.
What does bus mean in texting?
BUS — Beat Up Someone.
What’s another word for bus?
What is another word for bus?
What is the plural for gas?
(gæs ) Word forms: gases, gasses, gassing, gassedlanguage note: The form gases is the plural of the noun. The form gasses is the third person singular of the verb.
What is the plural of Fox?
noun plural foxes or fox.
What is the plural of wolf?
noun plural wolves (wʊlvz)
Why does Bus only have one S?
The short answer is that words ending in s form their plural by adding es: class -> classes, lens -> lenses, miss -> misses, etc, and so bus does the same. To indicate that this isn’t the case, the final s is sometimes doubled in some words as an alternative plural form.
What does bus mean?
1: to travel by a large motor vehicle designed to carry passengers usually along a fixed route according to a schedule: to travel by bus. 2: to work as a busboy. transitive verb.
What is a plural of baby?
1) If the noun is singular, then we add an apostrophe before the s. 4) In the example of baby’s and babies ‘, the apostrophe is added before the s to indicate a singular possession (e.g. the baby’s changing room). It is added after the s when referring to the plural, babies (e.g. the babies ‘ changing room).