- 1 What is SM Bus Controller?
- 2 How do I fix my SM Bus Controller?
- 3 What is a Synaptics SMBus driver?
- 4 What is the function of SM Bus Controller?
- 5 Does SMBus need controller?
- 6 What do you do when a device isn’t installed properly?
- 7 Can I disable SMBus controller?
- 8 What is a Universal Serial Bus controllers?
- 9 Is Synaptics Pointing Device Driver A virus?
- 10 How do you fix a Synaptics SMBus TouchPad?
- 11 How do I disable Synaptics SMBus TouchPad?
- 12 What is PCI Memory Controller?
- 13 What is AMD GPIO driver?
- 14 What’s a base system device?
What is SM Bus Controller?
The SM Bus Controller is a chipset on the motherboard. Its main purpose is to monitor the voltage and temperature of the motherboard. A yellow warning icon in front of it indicates that the SM Bus Controller is not installed or the driver is not installed correctly.
How do I fix my SM Bus Controller?
To do this, follow these steps:
- Open Device Manager.
- Select View, choose Devices by Type, and then expand System Devices.
- Double-click the SMBus device, and then click the Driver tab.
- Click Roll Back Driver to restore the SMBus Controller device driver.
- Restart the system.
What is a Synaptics SMBus driver?
Proper functioning of Synaptics SMBus Driver is important as it drives the touchpads in many of the laptops out there. A bad Synaptics SMBus Driver can either cause your laptop touchpad to completely stop working or touchpad scroll to stop working.
What is the function of SM Bus Controller?
What is SM Bus Controller? SM Bus Controller or System Management Controller is a Chipset on the Motherboard. Its main purpose is to monitor the board’s voltage and temperature.
Does SMBus need controller?
The SM Bus Controller, also known as the SMBus or System Management Bus, is a set of integrated circuits, or chipset, located within a personal computer. Computer owners usually don’t need to worry about this low level hardware device unless it stops functioning.
What do you do when a device isn’t installed properly?
What if a device isn’t installed properly?
- Make sure your PC is connected to the Internet.
- Check your metered Internet connections setting.
- Make sure automatic updating is turned on.
- Check for drivers using Windows Update.
- Install software for the device.
- Run the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter.
- Check for answers in the Windows community.
Can I disable SMBus controller?
You can also use it with programs like SpeedFan. More info is available at Wikipedia and SMBus.org. As for why it’s disabled, that’s hard to say; maybe someone disabled it, or possibly it’s disabled because Asus doesn’t offer a monitoring utility for that board, so they turn it off by default to preserve resources.
What is a Universal Serial Bus controllers?
A Universal Serial Bus ( USB ) is a common interface that enables communication between devices and a host controller such as a personal computer (PC) or smartphone. It connects peripheral devices such as digital cameras, mice, keyboards, printers, scanners, media devices, external hard drives and flash drives.
Is Synaptics Pointing Device Driver A virus?
SynTPLpr.exe is a legitimate file process developed by Synaptics. This process is known as TouchPad Driver Helper Application and it belongs to Synaptics Pointing Device Driver. The virus is created by malware authors and is named after SynTPLpr.exe file.
How do you fix a Synaptics SMBus TouchPad?
Open Device Manager by pressing Windows key + X, click on Control Panel; select System and Maintenance.
- Click on Device Manager.
- In Device Manager, locate Touchpad and double-click to check if it’s working properly.
- Go to Driver tab, then click on Update Driver. And follow the instructions.
How do I disable Synaptics SMBus TouchPad?
You should see an option come up that says ” Synaptics TouchPad ” with “app” at the bottom of the option indicating it is an app on your device. From there simply check the box that says ” Disable internal pointing device when external USB pointing device is attached.” You can then choose to hide cortana again.
What is PCI Memory Controller?
PCI stands for Peripheral Component Interconnect and is an industry standard bus for attaching peripheral devices to a computer. The PCI Simple Communications Controller is a generic label that Windows gives to installed PCI boards in Device Manager when the drivers for the device are not installed.
What is AMD GPIO driver?
A GPIO controller driver is a KMDF driver which used to manage all hardware-specific operations of the GPIO controller.
What’s a base system device?
Base System Device is a technical term for a device like a card reader, the chipset on the motherboard, network devices, and so on. When installing, and reinstalling Windows, you may see list of such Base System Device with yellow exclamation marks or with no driver installed.