- 1 What are the advantages of using bus?
- 2 What are the disadvantages of buses?
- 3 What is not an advantage of bus topology?
- 4 What are the disadvantages of transportation?
- 5 What are the advantages and disadvantages of public transport?
- 6 What are the advantages and disadvantages of Ring network?
- 7 Which is better train or bus?
- 8 Is public transport better than private?
- 9 What are the negatives of public transport?
- 10 Where is bus topology commonly used?
- 11 What are 2 advantages of a bus topology?
- 12 Is bus topology still used?
- 13 What is importance of transport?
- 14 What are the problems of modern transportation?
- 15 Which is the cheapest means of transportation?
What are the advantages of using bus?
The use of the bus for those trips has some advantages such as:
- Is less stressful.
- Travelling by bus is cheaper than owning and operating a car.
- Reduces pollution and road congestion – the more people who travel by bus, the fewer cars on the road.
- You do not need to look for a place to park your card.
What are the disadvantages of buses?
The disadvantages of a bus network are:
- if the main cable fails or gets damaged the whole network will fail.
- as more workstations are connected the performance of the network will become slower because of data collisions.
- every workstation on the network “sees” all of the data on the network – this is a security risk.
What is not an advantage of bus topology?
Bus topology is not great for large networks. Identification of problem becomes difficult if whole network goes down. Troubleshooting of individual device issues is very hard. Need of terminators are required at both ends of main cable.
What are the disadvantages of transportation?
- Transport subject to traffic delays.
- Transport subject to breakdown.
- Goods susceptible to damage through careless driving.
- Bad weather.
- Driving regulations can cause delays.
What are the advantages and disadvantages of public transport?
Top 10 Public Transportation Pros & Cons – Summary List
|Public Transport Pros||Public Transport Cons|
|Fewer traffic jams||Detours may be difficult|
|Opportunity to meet new people||Navigation problems|
|Good for tourists||Less convenient compared to cars|
|Good alternative for older people||Transport of heavy items is a problem|
What are the advantages and disadvantages of Ring network?
Advantages of Ring topology:
- Reduced chances of data collision as each node release a data packet after receiving the token.
- Token passing makes ring topology perform better than bus topology under heavy traffic.
- No need of server to control connectivity among the nodes.
- Equal access to the resources.
Which is better train or bus?
Trains scale better than buses. Each traincar can hold more people than a bus, and trains can be run at long lengths and at higher frequencies than buses. The number of buses required to fully replace the capacity of a full subway line at rush hour frequencies exceeds one per minute.
Is public transport better than private?
By and large, it’s way cheaper to use public transportation to get around than it is to buy your own vehicle. Using public transport is much less taxing on the environment compared to private vehicles. Since a lot of people can ride the same vehicle, the carbon emissions per head are largely reduced.
What are the negatives of public transport?
There is a limited amount of space aboard public transportation systems, which makes them inappropriate for some errands. This is a concern if you are traveling with children who have specialized needs, like strollers, or are going on a major shopping venture which could result in excessive luggage on the return trip.
Where is bus topology commonly used?
Bus topology is used for: Small workgroup local area networks (LANs) whose computers are connected using a thinnet cable. Trunk cables connecting hubs or switches of departmental LANs to form a larger LAN. Backboning, by joining switches and routers to form campus-wide networks.
What are 2 advantages of a bus topology?
Advantages of Bus Topology
- Easy to connect a computer or peripheral to a linear bus.
- Requires less cable length than a star topology.
- Entire network shuts down if there is a break in the main cable.
- Difficult to identify the problem if the entire network shuts down.
- Not meant to be used as a stand-alone solution.
Is bus topology still used?
Smaller networks with this type of topology use a coaxial or RJ45 cable to link devices together. However, the bus topology layout is outdated and you’re unlikely to encounter a company using a bus topology today.
What is importance of transport?
Transport is important because it enables communication, trade and other forms of exchange between people, that in turn establishes civilizations. Transport plays an important part in economic growth and globalization, but most types cause air pollution and use large amounts of land.
What are the problems of modern transportation?
Problems of modern transportation include traffic safety, declining fuel reserves, environmental problems, and inadequate public transportation facilities. These problems are most severe in countries that depend heavily on automobile transportation.
Which is the cheapest means of transportation?
Among different modes of transport, Railways are the cheapest. Trains cover the distance in less time and comparatively, the fare is also less to other modes of transportation. Therefore, Railways is the cheapest mode of transportation.