- 1 How far from a school bus just you stop when its stop arm is activated?
- 2 How far back from a stationary school bus should drivers stop?
- 3 When you hear a siren coming you should?
- 4 When you come to a four way stop who has the right away?
- 5 How fast can you drive past a school bus?
- 6 Can you pass a bus with flashing yellow lights?
- 7 When a school bus is flashing its red overhead lights?
- 8 When you are caught behind a very slow truck?
- 9 What does it mean when you hear sirens?
- 10 At what time of the day should your headlights be turned on?
- 11 Why are 4-way stop signs used?
- 12 What are four-way stop rules?
- 13 What is the golden rule of right of way?
How far from a school bus just you stop when its stop arm is activated?
When a school bus is stopped with its red lights flashing and its stop arm extended, you must stop your vehicle at least 20 feet from the bus. Oncoming traffic and motorists approaching the bus from behind may not move until the stop arm is retracted and the red lights are no longer flashing.
How far back from a stationary school bus should drivers stop?
Motorists approaching a stopped school bus from the rear with its overhead red signals lights flashing, shall stop at least 20 metres before reaching the bus and shall not proceed until the bus moves, or the overhead lights have stopped flashing.
When you hear a siren coming you should?
When you hear a siren coming, you should: Yield to the emergency vehicle. Pull over to the shoulder. Get in the right lane and let the emergency vehicle pass.
When you come to a four way stop who has the right away?
Almost every driver has had this experience: You arrive at a four – way stop at the same time another car arrives at the stop from a different direction, and a moment of confusion ensues for each driver as they ask themselves, “who has the right of way at a four way stop?” The correct answer is: Drivers should yield to
How fast can you drive past a school bus?
Passing a school bus The legal speed limit when passing a stationary school bus picking up or dropping off children is 20km/h. This applies to traffic passing in either direction, regardless of the usual speed limit.
Can you pass a bus with flashing yellow lights?
If you see flashing yellow lights, that means the school bus is about to stop. If you ‘re behind it, it’s illegal to pass on the right side. If you ‘re going the opposite direction, though, passing a school bus with flashing yellow lights is okay.
When a school bus is flashing its red overhead lights?
According to the California law (CVC 22454), motorists must remain stopped as long as the red lights on the school bus are flashing. Drivers who do not stop for the red, flashing lights may face fines up to $1,000; they could also have their licenses suspended for up to a year.
When you are caught behind a very slow truck?
When you are caught behind a very slow truck going up a long hill, you should: Stay behind the truck until you reach the top of the hill and the way is clear.
What does it mean when you hear sirens?
– Sirens mean severe weather is imminent or already occurring. You should actively seek severe weather information once you hear there is a possible threat of severe weather (such as a severe weather watch) and not wait until you hear a siren or other “risk signal” to act.
At what time of the day should your headlights be turned on?
Headlights are required to be on 1/2 hour after sunset to 1/2 hour before sunrise, when visibility is less than 500 feet, or any time the weather conditions require usage of the motor vehicle’s windshield wipers to operate the vehicle in a careful and prudent manner, including in fog.
Why are 4-way stop signs used?
The main reason for the use of stop signs at road junctions is safety. According to an international study of locations where the system is in use, all- way stop control applied to four -legged intersections may reduce accident occurrence by 45%.
What are four-way stop rules?
When two vehicles arrive at a 4 – way stop at the same time, and are located side-by-side, the vehicle furthest to the right has the right of way. If three vehicles arrive at the same time, the car furthest left should continue to yield until both of the other cars to the right of them have passed.
What is the golden rule of right of way?
Right of Way – The Golden Rule The most important one is the Golden Rule! When two riders are kiting in the opposite direction, the one going upwind must keep the kite high and the one going downwind must keep the kite low.