- 1 How much is buying a bus?
- 2 Why are used school buses so cheap?
- 3 How much is a new short bus?
- 4 How do you buy an old school bus?
- 5 How many miles can a bus last?
- 6 Is it expensive to own a bus?
- 7 What is the best bus to convert?
- 8 How long will a school bus last?
- 9 What is high mileage for a school bus?
- 10 How long is a short bus?
- 11 How long is a 72 passenger bus?
- 12 Who builds Thomas buses?
- 13 Who makes the best school bus?
- 14 How many miles per gallon does a school bus get?
- 15 What should I know before buying a school bus?
How much is buying a bus?
Remember that purchasing a bus can represent a significant investment for anyone. Typical prices vary widely based on needs and options, but usually range from $45,000 for a basic new 15-passenger bus up to $500,000 or more for a deluxe touring coach with all the bells and whistles.
Why are used school buses so cheap?
Prices of Used Buses One reason why used buses are so cheap is that they may not meet government regulations (discussed below) and thus cannot be purchased by government agencies. Another reason why they are so cheap is that many of them are just purchased for parts.
How much is a new short bus?
Expect to pay $6,000 – 10,000 for a short school bus for sale with a truck chassis that has been well maintained, has little rust, and is ready to be converted and hit the road. These truck chassis short buses can be harder to find, especially if you are looking for a specific engine/transmission configuration.
How do you buy an old school bus?
Where to buy a school bus
- 1.govdeals.com. This is where we bought our second bus.
- Craigslist.com. This is where we bought our first bus.
- publicsurplus.com. Public Surplus is an auction site.
- eBay.com. This is another great place to search with the option of local pickup.
- The Facebook Marketplace.
How many miles can a bus last?
In general, most American transit systems expect their buses to have a useful life of 12 years and 250,000 miles.
Is it expensive to own a bus?
The cost of each vehicle depends on a variety of features, including size and manufacturer, but the most important factor is typically what kind of propulsion system the bus uses. Diesel buses are the most common type of bus in the United States, and they cost around $550,000 per vehicle (according to a 2016 study).
What is the best bus to convert?
The best school bus for conversion is a short bus like our Thomas MinoTour Ford E-450 which offers more maneuverability, easier driving and parking, and better gas mileage than it’s larger counterparts.
How long will a school bus last?
These standards determine the maximum age and mileage for which a bus should be used. Smith said buses are expected to last about 12-15 years and 250,000 miles under normal conditions. Unfortunately, a growing number of the school district’s buses are older than that, with many more miles.
What is high mileage for a school bus?
If you see anything with less than 60,000, from personal experience I’d say buy it. Since most companies want good use of the bus, they often wait to retire it til it reaches a certain mileage, like after 60,000 or 100,000. Finding buses with LOW mileage is uncommon, but don’t be discouraged.
How long is a short bus?
A short bus is from 20 – 25 feet in length. This makes it a perfect choice for those looking to be able to go and park anywhere a larger truck can park.
How long is a 72 passenger bus?
a 72 – passenger bus will be about 34 feet long.
Who builds Thomas buses?
Every Mile Matters. Thomas Built Buses is a subsidiary of Daimler Trucks North America LLC, a Daimler company and the largest heavy-duty truck manufacturer in North America. That gives Thomas Built the backing and resources to continually research innovative solutions and respond to the needs of our customers.
Who makes the best school bus?
Top 10 School Bus Companies
- Wayne Corporation. Topping our list of companies is Wayne Corporation.
- Blue Bird. An all time giant, the Blue Bird Corporation (formerly called Blue Bird Body Company) is clearly one of the top school bus manufacturing companies even today.
- Gillig Corporation.
- Ward body Works.
- IC Buses.
- Thomas Built Buses.
How many miles per gallon does a school bus get?
Buses are the safest way to get children to school, but they’re also fuel hogs that get only 4 to 6 miles per gallon.
What should I know before buying a school bus?
Here are 5 important things to inspect before buying a bus
- Chassis. The chassis is the frame of the bus. It is important that you check to make sure it is not bent or rusty.
- Rust. Depending on the age of the bus, you can expect to see some surface rust. If you see more rust spots than yellow paint, walk away.