- 1 Is it cheaper to buy Greyhound tickets online or in person?
- 2 Do Greyhound tickets get more expensive?
- 3 Does greyhound do round trips?
- 4 What cities does Greyhound travel to?
- 5 How can I get a discount on Greyhound?
- 6 Is Megabus nicer than Greyhound?
- 7 Can you ride Greyhound without ID?
- 8 How do you survive a Greyhound bus?
- 9 How long is a Greyhound bus ticket good for?
- 10 Do Greyhound check bags?
- 11 Does Greyhound still run?
- 12 What discounts does Greyhound offer?
- 13 Do Greyhound busses stop for food?
- 14 Who bought Greyhound 2020?
- 15 Can I travel with my dog on Greyhound?
Is it cheaper to buy Greyhound tickets online or in person?
Buying your ticket at a Greyhound station You can buy a ticket for travel the same day, or take advantage of lower prices by buying your ticket in advance (although it still won’t be as low as buying in advance online ).
Do Greyhound tickets get more expensive?
In general, Greyhound tickets do not get cheaper the longer you wait. Far in advance of the departure date tickets are usually quite cheap. Prices rise very slowly until 4-8 weeks prior to departure. The price of tickets then stabilizes until shortly before departure when prices reach their maximum point.
Does greyhound do round trips?
As well as the discounts on tickets mentioned above, you can also get a round trip anywhere in the United States and the most you’ll pay is $279. * A great way to explore the beautiful country you defend and protect. Discounted fares valid on Greyhound buses and participating connecting bus companies.
What cities does Greyhound travel to?
Check out our city guidesWhere will you go?
- Albany. Explore Albany. Albany.
- Albuquerque. Explore Albuquerque. Albuquerque.
- Atlanta. Explore Atlanta. Atlanta.
- Atlantic City. Explore Atlantic City. Atlantic City.
- Baltimore. Explore Baltimore. Baltimore.
- Baton Rouge. Explore Baton Rouge.
- Biloxi. Explore Biloxi.
- Birmingham. Explore Birmingham.
How can I get a discount on Greyhound?
Greyhound salutes active as well as retired military service members by giving them special discounts. Both members and their family will be given a 10% off their bus fare. You can get this Greyhound coupon at the station or online with your Veterans Advantage Card.
Is Megabus nicer than Greyhound?
What I found: Both rides were comfortable, relatively on time, seemed safe, and were mostly clean (except for the bathrooms – you’ll want to avoid these if at all possible). Megabus offered a slightly better price and a younger clientele. Greyhound had better places to wait and more convenient travel times.
Can you ride Greyhound without ID?
Do I need an ID to board my bus? Yes, Greyhound requires you to present an ID to an agent to board the bus. Make sure you have identification issued by a government agency that meets the carrier’s requirements.
How do you survive a Greyhound bus?
9 Greyhound Bus Tips You Need to Know Before You Travel
- Book your tickets early.
- Arrive at least an hour before departure.
- And, get in line as quickly as possible.
- Make your luggage stand out.
- Sit at the front.
- Try not to use the bathroom.
- Follow the driver’s rules during stops and transfers.
How long is a Greyhound bus ticket good for?
All unrestricted one-way and round trip tickets are good for one year from the date of sale, provided that exchange or refund is made prior to scheduled travel date; otherwise, the ticket will be null and void.
Do Greyhound check bags?
They check your bags, but only carry on. If they have reason to think drugs or something suspicious is being transported then they bring in dogs and actual police.
Does Greyhound still run?
Whether you need time away from the urban sprawl or are traveling for business, Greyhound has over 50 bus stations in California with regular service to hundreds of destinations across the U.S., Canada, and Mexico.
What discounts does Greyhound offer?
Today’s Greyhound Top Offers: 10% Off Travel For Students + More. Up to 30% Off Traveling.
Do Greyhound busses stop for food?
We don’t sell food or drink on our buses, so it’s a good idea to stock up on food and drinks before boarding (not alcoholic drinks though, they’re not allowed). But if you forget, the bus does stop frequently (check your itinerary to see how often), and some stops will have places to buy food.
Who bought Greyhound 2020?
FirstGroup, which bought Greyhound for $3.6 billion including debt from Laidlaw International in 2007, plans to sell the bus line and spin off its UK operator First Bus to head off shareholder pressure, lifting its shares by as much as 13%.
Can I travel with my dog on Greyhound?
We don’t let animals on board (not even Greyhound puppies). The only exception is legitimate service animals riding together with a disabled person. For more information, see our Customers with Disabilities page.