- 1 How do you pay on a bus?
- 2 How do you take a bus in the UK?
- 3 How do you read a UK bus schedule?
- 4 Can you pay with cash on buses?
- 5 Can I use my bank card on the bus?
- 6 How do you use contactless on a bus?
- 7 How do I apply for a bus pass UK?
- 8 How do you pay for the bus UK?
- 9 How do I buy a bus ticket in the UK?
- 10 How do you read a bus map?
- 11 How do you use timetables?
- 12 How do I pay for bus with Google?
- 13 How do you pay for bus on iPhone?
- 14 Can a bus driver refuse you for not having change?
How do you pay on a bus?
Look for the contactless symbol on your credit or debit card to see if your card is contactless enabled. Then, board a bus with the contactless symbol and instead of paying with cash, simply tap your card or contactless-enabled device onto the reader and wait for the beep.
How do you take a bus in the UK?
How to bus like a boss in the UK
- Buy a ticket. You can purchase tickets on your smartphone, online, from a tourist information office or directly from the driver, depending on your destination.
- Have the right amount of cash.
- Get the driver’s attention.
- Ask for help.
- Unspoken etiquette.
- Push the button.
- Research your route.
How do you read a UK bus schedule?
To read a bus timetable, look down the left column to find the name of the station you are at. The times that each bus leaves this station are in the same row to the right. Now read downwards from a chosen time to see what time this bus reaches the coming destinations. A bus timetable is written in columns.
Can you pay with cash on buses?
Will you still let customers pay by cash on your buses? Customers will still be able to pay with cash for their fare, but they will need to have the exact fare ready for their journey as our drivers won’t be able to issue change.
Can I use my bank card on the bus?
Contactless is a simple and secure way to pay for bus travel without needing cash. Look for the contactless symbol on your credit, debit or pre-paid cards. Most new cards are issued with this feature, however, if you’re not sure whether your card is contactless enabled please check with your bank or card issuer.
How do you use contactless on a bus?
Check your card or device has the contactless symbol, then hop on the bus, tell the driver where you’d like to go, and tap your method of payment onto the reader.
How do I apply for a bus pass UK?
How to use your pass on the bus. Once you’ve received your concessionary bus pass, you can start using it straight away. Just hold it against the reader on the ticket machine by the driver. Wait for the green light or listen for a beep – then remove your pass, take your receipt, and find a seat.
How do you pay for the bus UK?
There are different ways to pay for your bus fare:
- A contactless payment card to pay as you go.
- An Oyster card with pay as you go credit, Travelcard or Bus & Tram Pass.
- A Visitor Oyster card.
- A Day Travelcard or a One day Bus & Tram Pass.
How do I buy a bus ticket in the UK?
You can buy a Bus & Tram Pass:
- Online with a contactless and Oyster account, if you have a UK bank account (7 Day, Monthly and Annual Passes)
- Using the free TfL Oyster and contactless app (7 Day, Monthly and Annual Passes)
- At Oyster ticket stops in many newsagents in London (One Day, 7 Day and Monthly Passes)
How do you read a bus map?
Locate the bus stop on the street. Look for a tall post with a circular sign with a horizontal line. Check the numbers under the stop name to confirm it is the correct stop for your route. Read the stops on the map at eye level to see if the bus goes to your stop.
How do you use timetables?
To use the timetable, you first figure out what time you need to be at a certain place. Then you look for the place on the timetable and find the time that is close to the time you need to be there. If you need to walk from the bus stop, you’ll need to figure that time in as well.
How do I pay for bus with Google?
Through the Google Pay app
- Open the Google Pay app.
- In the top-right corner, tap the photo of your card.
- From the bottom, swipe up.
- Tap Add a card. Public transport.
- Choose your public transport system.
- Follow the on-screen instructions.
How do you pay for bus on iPhone?
Pay for your ride with Express Transit As you approach a fare gate or board the bus, make sure your device is turned on (it doesn’t need to be connected to a network). Position the top of iPhone within a few centimeters of the contactless reader at the transit gate until you see Done and a checkmark on the screen.
Can a bus driver refuse you for not having change?
Yes, they can do that if they haven’t enough change. I’ve known people to ask other passengers for change as well, if they havent got it then no entry. Surely though, if you know you ‘re going to catch a bus you ‘d make sure you had enough change for the fair.