- 1 Which of the following is a type of nonvolatile memory that can be erased electronically and rewritten?
- 2 What is the best analogy for the control unit in a CPU?
- 3 Which of the following connects the processor to cache?
- 4 Which of the following is the main circuit board of the system unit group of answer choices?
- 5 What is flash memory example?
- 6 What is unique about a multi core processor?
- 7 What are examples of analogy?
- 8 What is inside the CPU?
- 9 What is the difference between CPU and microprocessor?
- 10 What are the 3 types of buses?
- 11 What are the two main parts of the processor?
- 12 Which of the following are two main components on the motherboard?
- 13 What are the 3 parts of the CPU?
- 14 What is the function of a Northbridge?
- 15 What are the common components inside the system unit?
Which of the following is a type of nonvolatile memory that can be erased electronically and rewritten?
Flash memory is unsuitable for use as main memory, or random access memory ( RAM ). See also RAM and ROM. (computer hardware) A rewritable memory chip that retains its data without a power supply. Nonvolatile random access memory that can be erased electronically and rewritten up to 100,000 times.
What is the best analogy for the control unit in a CPU?
CPU = Brain, since it controls the system. RAM = Short-term memory, since it’s the faster, smaller, more volatile storage type.
Which of the following connects the processor to cache?
The bus that connects the CPU to the memory is called the front-side bus (FSB) or system bus. CPU cores share Level 2 and Level 3 cache across the FSB. They will usually connect to Level 2 cache through the back-side bus (BSB).
Which of the following is the main circuit board of the system unit group of answer choices?
Chapter 14 Components of the System Unit
|The ____ board is the main circuit board of the system unit.||system|
|The ____ bus for a PC Card is the PC Card bus.||expansion|
|The ____ interprets and carries out the basic instructions that operate a computer.||cpu|
What is flash memory example?
Portable devices such as digital cameras, smartphones, and MP3 players normally use flash memory. USB drives (also called thumb drives and flash drives ) and memory cards use flash memory to store data.
What is unique about a multi core processor?
Multicore processing can increase performance by running multiple applications concurrently. The decreased distance between cores on an integrated chip enables shorter resource access latency and higher cache speeds when compared to using separate processors or computers.
What are examples of analogy?
For example, “Life is a box of chocolates.” An analogy is saying something is like something else to make some sort of explanatory point. For example, “Life is like a box of chocolates—you never know what you’re gonna get.” You can use metaphors and similes when creating an analogy.
What is inside the CPU?
Inside the CPU At the hardware level, a CPU is an integrated circuit, also known as a chip. At the top is a chip, then a logic circuit, then a logic gate, and then a transistor and wire.
What is the difference between CPU and microprocessor?
A CPU (central processing unit) is the part of a computer that executes instructions. A microprocessor is a single-chip implementation of a CPU. Nowadays pretty much all CPUs for general use are microprocessors, causing the two terms to be practically synonymous.
What are the 3 types of buses?
Three types of bus are used.
- Address bus – carries memory addresses from the processor to other components such as primary storage and input/output devices.
- Data bus – carries the data between the processor and other components.
- Control bus – carries control signals from the processor to other components.
What are the two main parts of the processor?
- The two main components of the CPU is Control unit and ALU.
- The two typical components of a CPU include the following: The arithmetic logic unit (ALU), which performs arithmetic and logical operations.
- An arithmetic logic unit (ALU) is a digital circuit used to perform arithmetic and logic operations.
Which of the following are two main components on the motherboard?
While motherboards have many components, the two main items are the random access memory (RAM) and the central processing unit (CPU).
What are the 3 parts of the CPU?
The CPU is made up of three main components, the control unit, the immediate access store and the arithmetic and logic unit.
What is the function of a Northbridge?
The northbridge typically handles communications among the CPU, in some cases RAM, and PCI Express (or AGP) video cards, and the southbridge. Some northbridges also contain integrated video controllers, also known as a Graphics and Memory Controller Hub (GMCH) in Intel systems.
What are the common components inside the system unit?
Components of the system unit and their functions
- CPU or Processor.
- Random Access Memory ( RAM )
- Hard disk or Hard drive.
- Computer fan.
- CD-ROM/DVD-ROM drives.
- Power supply unit (PSU)
- Floppy disk drive.