- 1 What device allows a computer to connect to a network?
- 2 Which is the least used topology?
- 3 What are rules called when referring to a network?
- 4 Which network is the smallest?
- 5 How do you connect to the Internet?
- 6 What are 2 ways computers can connect to a network?
- 7 Which topology is best?
- 8 What is star bus topology?
- 9 What are the 5 network topologies?
- 10 What are the 4 types of networks?
- 11 How many protocols are there?
- 12 Which one is not a protocol?
- 13 What is world’s largest network?
- 14 What is the full name of Wan?
- 15 Do I plug into WAN or LAN?
What device allows a computer to connect to a network?
Router. A router is a hardware device that allows you to connect several computers and other devices to a single Internet connection, which is known as a home network. Many routers are wireless, which allows you to create a home wireless network, commonly known as a Wi-Fi network.
Which is the least used topology?
Which type of network topology is least popular? Bus topology is the type of network that contains a common communication line or cable called bus, and all the computers are connected to the bus. The bus topology is least popular because: Breaks in the communication line or cable can disable the entire network.
What are rules called when referring to a network?
What are “rules ” called when referring to a network? Protocols.
Which network is the smallest?
1. Personal Area Network (PAN) The smallest and most basic type of network, a PAN is made up of a wireless modem, a computer or two, phones, printers, tablets, etc., and revolves around one person in one building.
How do you connect to the Internet?
Touch and hold Wi-Fi. Turn on Use Wi-Fi. Tap a listed network. Networks that require a password have a Lock. On these notifications:
- To connect to the network, tap Connect.
- To change Wi-Fi settings, tap All Networks.
- To not get notifications for that network, clear the notification. Learn how to control notifications.
What are 2 ways computers can connect to a network?
1: What are the two ways computers can connect to the network? Answer: Computers and other devices can connect to a network using cables or wirelessly. WiFi is the common wireless technology for a computer network.
Which topology is best?
A Star Network Topology is best suited for smaller networks and works efficiently when there is limited number of nodes. One has to ensure that the hub or the central node is always working and extra security features should be added to the hub because it s the heart of the network.
What is star bus topology?
Star Bus topology is one of the most general computer network topologies implemented in office and home. Making use of point to point connections, each computer here is linked to a central hub. It can be a computer server or a central point of the node that handles the network.
What are the 5 network topologies?
There are five types of topology in computer networks:
- Mesh Topology.
- Star Topology.
- Bus Topology.
- Ring Topology.
- Hybrid Topology.
What are the 4 types of networks?
A computer network is mainly of four types:
- LAN(Local Area Network )
- PAN(Personal Area Network )
- MAN(Metropolitan Area Network )
- WAN(Wide Area Network )
How many protocols are there?
There are three main types of network protocols. These include network management protocols, network communication protocols and network security protocols: Communication protocols include basic data communication tools like TCP/IP and HTTP. Security protocols include HTTPS, SFTP, and SSL.
Which one is not a protocol?
TCPI is not a network protocol.
What is world’s largest network?
The Internet is the world’s largest computer network.
What is the full name of Wan?
A wide area network (also known as WAN ), is a large network of information that is not tied to a single location.
Do I plug into WAN or LAN?
Use the LAN ports on your wireless router to connect devices on your home network, such as computers or printers. Connect the WAN port to your modem or another device hooked up to the public internet.