- 1 How much does it cost to buy an old school bus?
- 2 How do you buy an old school bus?
- 3 What is a used school bus worth?
- 4 Where can I buy a Skoolie bus?
- 5 Why are used school buses so cheap?
- 6 How many miles can a bus last?
- 7 How long will a school bus last?
- 8 What is high mileage for a school bus?
- 9 How much does it cost to insure a bus?
- 10 Who makes the best school bus?
- 11 What is the best bus to convert?
- 12 How many miles per gallon does a school bus get?
- 13 What is the best school bus to convert to RV?
- 14 How many seats are on a Bluebird school bus?
- 15 What should I look for when buying a school bus?
How much does it cost to buy an old school bus?
How Much Does a School Bus Cost? Market prices for retired school buses vary by location and the age and condition of individual buses, but for a ballpark figure, a standard 72-seater that’s 34-feet long starts at around $3,000.
How do you buy an old school bus?
Where to buy a school bus
- 1.govdeals.com. This is where we bought our second bus.
- Craigslist.com. This is where we bought our first bus.
- publicsurplus.com. Public Surplus is an auction site.
- eBay.com. This is another great place to search with the option of local pickup.
- The Facebook Marketplace.
What is a used school bus worth?
A used bus, depending on the condition and specifications, can run anywhere from $3,000 to $7,000, while a new bus will hit in the $50,000 range or higher.
Where can I buy a Skoolie bus?
The best places to buy a used school bus for sale include classifieds, such as Skoolie Livin Classifieds, government auction sites, Facebook Marketplace, Craigslist, and eBay Motors.
Why are used school buses so cheap?
Prices of Used Buses One reason why used buses are so cheap is that they may not meet government regulations (discussed below) and thus cannot be purchased by government agencies. Another reason why they are so cheap is that many of them are just purchased for parts.
How many miles can a bus last?
In general, most American transit systems expect their buses to have a useful life of 12 years and 250,000 miles.
How long will a school bus last?
These standards determine the maximum age and mileage for which a bus should be used. Smith said buses are expected to last about 12-15 years and 250,000 miles under normal conditions. Unfortunately, a growing number of the school district’s buses are older than that, with many more miles.
What is high mileage for a school bus?
If you see anything with less than 60,000, from personal experience I’d say buy it. Since most companies want good use of the bus, they often wait to retire it til it reaches a certain mileage, like after 60,000 or 100,000. Finding buses with LOW mileage is uncommon, but don’t be discouraged.
How much does it cost to insure a bus?
On one end of the spectrum is insurance for private organizations like churches, scout troops, and bingo parlors with small 15-passenger buses. The average cost of bus insurance coverages.
Who makes the best school bus?
Top 10 School Bus Companies
- Wayne Corporation. Topping our list of companies is Wayne Corporation.
- Blue Bird. An all time giant, the Blue Bird Corporation (formerly called Blue Bird Body Company) is clearly one of the top school bus manufacturing companies even today.
- Gillig Corporation.
- Ward body Works.
- IC Buses.
- Thomas Built Buses.
What is the best bus to convert?
The best school bus for conversion is a short bus like our Thomas MinoTour Ford E-450 which offers more maneuverability, easier driving and parking, and better gas mileage than it’s larger counterparts.
How many miles per gallon does a school bus get?
Buses are the safest way to get children to school, but they’re also fuel hogs that get only 4 to 6 miles per gallon.
What is the best school bus to convert to RV?
Well, the best, absolute best choice would be the Crown SuperCoach. It will look superb when converting it. They usually come only equipped with a mid-engine diesel with stick shift setup, but they’re very low maintenance.
How many seats are on a Bluebird school bus?
This might be the answer that many customers have been waiting for! The Blue Bird Vision Conventional can now seat 83 PASSENGERS. This is an excellent option for customers who are looking for more capacity than the standard 71 or 77 passengers, but who also still want the ability to choose a Gasoline or Propane Engine.
What should I look for when buying a school bus?
Here are 5 important things to inspect before buying a bus
- Chassis. The chassis is the frame of the bus. It is important that you check to make sure it is not bent or rusty.
- Rust. Depending on the age of the bus, you can expect to see some surface rust. If you see more rust spots than yellow paint, walk away.