- 1 What do tour bus drivers make?
- 2 How do I become a tour bus driver?
- 3 Do tour bus drivers sleep on the bus?
- 4 How hard is it to drive a tour bus?
- 5 What does a tour bus driver do?
- 6 What are the duties of a bus driver?
- 7 What license do I need to drive a coach?
- 8 How much do Coach USA drivers make?
- 9 How much do tour bus drivers make in Alaska?
- 10 Where do bus drivers sleep?
- 11 Is there a secret bed on a bus?
- 12 Where do coach drivers sleep?
- 13 Is driving a bus a good job?
- 14 How long does it take to learn to drive a bus?
- 15 Are articulated buses hard to drive?
What do tour bus drivers make?
On average, Tour Bus Drivers earn approximately $27,800 annually. The average salary range for Tour Bus Drivers runs from $20,000 to $39,000.
How do I become a tour bus driver?
Follow these steps and you’ll be on your way:
- Research the Minimum Requirements.
- Take a Training Course/Attend Driving School.
- Get a DOT Physical Examination.
- Obtain CDL Permit.
- Obtain CDL License and Passenger Endorsement.
- Gain Some Work Experience.
- Apply for Jobs with Local Bus Companies.
Do tour bus drivers sleep on the bus?
Tour bus drivers make around $200 a day. This means that bus drivers need to have the discipline to avoid the temptation of the numerous parties, and maintain a strict sleeping schedule so that they’re alert behind the wheel.
How hard is it to drive a tour bus?
It isn’t hard, it is mostly a matter of watching the path of your back wheels, and remembering your tail swing and height. Yes, as someone said it’s possible that some streets are too crowded to actually fit your vehicle down. In 25 years of bus and motorhome driving that has happened once.
What does a tour bus driver do?
What Does a Tour Bus Driver Do? A tour bus driver transports sightseers and charter tourists aboard a bus. As a tour bus driver, you drive a large bus that follows a specific route, designed to arrive at certain key destinations at particular times.
What are the duties of a bus driver?
Bus Driver Duties & Responsibilities
- Drive safely along designated routes.
- Obey traffic laws, safety procedures, and transit regulations.
- Pick up and drop off passengers at designated locations.
- Follow a specific timetable while on duty.
- Assist passengers with disabilities to get on the bus.
What license do I need to drive a coach?
To become a bus or coach driver, you will need to complete training for a Passenger Carrying Vehicle (PCV) licence and the Driver Certificate of Professional Competence (CPC Driver).
How much do Coach USA drivers make?
Average Coach USA hourly pay ranges from approximately $11.86 per hour for Agent to $20.96 per hour for Mechanic. The average Coach USA salary ranges from approximately $40,744 per year for Driver to $59,793 per year for Mechanic.
How much do tour bus drivers make in Alaska?
As of May 11, 2021, the average annual pay for a Tour Bus Driver in Alaska is $32,204 an year. Just in case you need a simple salary calculator, that works out to be approximately $15.48 an hour. This is the equivalent of $619/week or $2,684/month.
Where do bus drivers sleep?
If a bus is scheduled for a 8 hour trip, the company would put him up in a hotel for he might or perhaps have a sleeping area near/in the terminal. If it is a short trip, likely turns around heads back to his home terminal. A greyhound driver actually did an AMA about this.
Is there a secret bed on a bus?
Video shows secret sleeping quarters for night bus drivers. Most haulage vehicles have snug little sleeping compartments for their drivers to crawl into after many hours on the road, but if you take a look around an average Greyhound or overnight bus you’ll notice no such place to hunker down.
Where do coach drivers sleep?
Most coaches that are used for touring or long distance routes have a dedicated sleeping compartment for the driver (or for the reserve driver, if they are working in shifts).
Is driving a bus a good job?
Good Paying Job. A career in the bus driving industry can mean making up to $44,000 per year. Extra earning opportunities are usually available as well. There are also several opportunities to pick up extra hours, as well as receive employee benefits from the school.
How long does it take to learn to drive a bus?
You’ll need to gain the Passenger Carrying Vehicle (PCV) license and the Driver Certificate of Professional Competence (CPC Driver). The PCV takes about four to six weeks to complete, and your driving skills and knowledge both on a practical and theory-level will be assessed.
Are articulated buses hard to drive?
An articulated bus is a long vehicle and usually requires a specially trained driver, as maneuvering (particularly reversing) can be difficult. The trailer section of a “puller” bus can be subject to unusual centripetal forces, which many people can find uncomfortable, although this is not an issue with “pushers”.